Reload this Page >

Grand Princess - Shore Excursions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 05:25 AM
linda fromNJ

We are planning a Western Caribbean trip on the Grand Princess in November. Advice is shore excursions is needed. We are looking for snorkeling and sightseeing in Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Yucatan

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 03:31 PM
Theresa

Definitely snorkel in Grand Caymen. We arranged a private snorkling to Stingray City with Captain Marvin and it was the best - we saw more than those on the ship saw but if you do the ship tour you will not be disappinted. The highlight of my trip. Shopping in Caymens is very expensive - like Rodeo Drive.<BR><BR>We went shopping in Cozumel each time - great place to shop - everything is cheap.<BR><BR>AS far as Costa Maya - you may want to consider Tulim or X-Caret.<BR><BR>When in November - we are going again on November 18th.<BR><BR>Theresa

Old Jul 1st, 2001, 02:23 PM
lbrodsky

Theresa: We are going nov. 4th. When did you make your reservations for Captain Marvins. If you are not doing the ship excursions how do you book your tours. I heard there was some kind of jeep tour in cozumel. Do you know about that. Where is Costa Maya near. Is it near Playa Del Carmen. This is our first cruise. I guess you can tell. <BR>

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 04:52 AM
Mike

Linda, <BR>I'm going to be watching you're questions. I found a site that referenced Costa Maya as being the same as Majahual. Majahual is south of Cozomel. Playa del Carmen is next to Cozumel on the mainland. <BR>Mike

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 01:20 AM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Linda, <BR> <BR>Whatever you do be sure to keep in mind that when you disembark the ship in Playa Del Carmen the ship continues to Cozumel which is an island off the coast of Mexico. You will have to get from the mainland to the ship in Cozumel. This is a long ferry ride. <BR> <BR>There are plenty of tour operators waiting in Playa Del Carmen for passengers. <BR> <BR>You must plan ahead carefully. If no plans are made, inquire at the ship's information desk where they can tell you the ferry schedules. <BR> <BR>Paul