Reload this Page >

Grand Princess Questions from 1st-time Cruiser

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 08:16 AM
Laura

My husband and I, along with my 14-year old son, year-old father and my sister will be sailing on the March 10 Western Caribbean cruise on the Grand. A couple questions for those experienced with the Grand: <BR> <BR>* Will three of us feel cramped in a mini-suite? My son snores (surprisingly NOT my husband) and we want enough "space" between us and him so that we don't hear him all night. <BR> <BR>* Is there a better side of the ship for a cabin for the Western Carib. tour? <BR> <BR>* Re: personal choice dining, I've read earlier posts that it was often very difficult to be seated within a reasonable amount of time. Any experience/suggestions regarding this and the other dining options? <BR> <BR>* Any recommendations to ensure that my 14-year old son has a good time? (He's not all that comfortable going up to others his own age -- he had NO problem talking with adults.) <BR> <BR>* Any recommendations to ensure my 83-year old father has a good time? He's quite healthy and fit (my mom died recently) and likes to dance. <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 12:49 PM
Toto

As for your son's snoreing: the mini suites are very nice, but I don't know how far away from him you are going to be able to get. There is no curtain to pull between the sofa bed and the sleeping area that might help muffle the sound. I guess you can always put him on the lounge on the balcony! <BR>Honestly, it all depends on how bad he snores. You will be approximately 6-10 feet from where he is sleeping. <BR>Sorry

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 12:40 AM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Laura, <BR> <BR>Can't comment on the personal choice dining since there are so many positives and negatives. I just stick with the old dining times since I do not need confusion on a cruise. <BR> <BR>Your shy 14 yr. old will have no problem with meeting and talking with others. The Princss staff are the best. They will get children to talk to him. After that you will not see him for the rest of the week. <BR> <BR>There are tons of elderly ladies on the ship for your dad to talk to and dance with. If not do what I do with my 90 yr. old dad. I give him a few rolls of quarters and sit him in front of a slot machine. I always know where to find him. And he wins, doggone it. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 07:44 AM
Mikey

Oh look another Paul opinion.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 10:48 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Mikey ... of you do not have anything important or intelligent to add to this thread why say anything at all? You just bring down these message boards. <BR> <BR>Paul <BR> <BR>