Grand Princess Cruise???

Feb 6th, 2000, 02:31 PM
Jan

Grand Princess Cruise???

Me and Hubby were thinking about taking a Princess Cruise next year?? Maybe the Grand Princess. Ship looks gorgeous according to the video. My question is how does this Princess Cruises compare to Carnival?? We took a 4 day Carnival Cruise to the Bahamas (FANTASY) and did not care for it. Tooo crowded, food wasn't all that great etc...
Is Princess a more laid back and romantic cruise??? I hear it's a bit pricey, but is it worth the money??? What are the other nice Princess cruise lines besides the Grand??
Thanks

Feb 6th, 2000, 02:50 PM
Theresa

I was on a Carnival two years ago and the Sea Princess last Nov. I much preferred Princess over Carnival - everything was "nicer" - the food was considerably better - especially the 24 hour horizon court restaurant. The food in the dining room was also much better. The people were not as "loud and obnoxious" as Carnival. I plan on taking the Grand this December. Other nice Princess ships include the Dawn, Sea and Ocean. The price is definitely worth the money - you can get a 7 day carribean for around $700. Good luck!

Feb 19th, 2000, 05:29 AM
sandy

Hi,just got back from the Grand Princess, its very big 2600 people. I pefer the smaller ships. We had a great time,the one good thing about the Grand, you will get to walk off the great food. Stay away from Carnival.

Feb 19th, 2000, 06:14 AM
Anne

We were on the Grand in May 99. It was our first cruise and we loved it. Get a balcony room. That is very romantic especially at night when watching the stars. We had breakfast on our balcony every morning. We were on Caribe Deck and that deck had the largest balconies of the whole ship (except for the largest of suites, but it was even larger than the mini-suites.) The entertainment was excellent. You would love it.

Feb 19th, 2000, 10:07 AM
julie

We have cruised the Princess several times, plus other lines (Windstar). Princess takes it hands down. Don't know anything about Carnival except all the bad press they have been getting here and elsewhere (travel journals, letters, etc. that we subscribe to.) Only negative time we had on Princess was a bit of a fuss over embarkation procedures last cruise to mexico. The shore excursions are good, they handle large groups very well, entertainment has been consistently good, food too.
We cruised the Grand Princess about 1 1/2 years ago and enjoyed it tremendously!! Although large, it is well organized. However, I personnalyy like some of the smaller ships. We were on the Royal Princess last summer to Scandanavia and had an incredible time.

Mar 17th, 2000, 04:57 PM
Ken

Took Grand Princess for Honeymoon last November. We had excellent service all the way around. The food was very good with only one or two dishes at the buffet not up to standard. The ship is large, but except for on-deck in mid-day, it was rarely an inconvenience. If you can afford the extra money, you need to get a balcony.