Gift for Family..... Need help deciding where to go

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've recently joined the Army at the young age of 17 and I am planned to ship out to my training in August. When i come back i'm going to have a good amount of money and would like to surprise my mom, dad, sister, and nephew with a cruise. I'm currently located in Tampa, Florida. My aspirations are to go some where my parents have never been. I know that they have been to Jamaica, Mexico and a couple other Caribbean islands. My dad has been every where in the U.S except for Hawaii and Alaska. He's also allergic to the cold.(That was a joke.... he's a floridian.) A thought weighing heavily in my mind is to fly to hawaii and just rent out a condo and just have a nice family time. Anyone know about how much that would cost and also any other ideas.
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 08:27 AM

I heard, cruises to Canada are beautiful, if you can go to watch fall colors, perhaps in September?
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Unfortunately i won't be back til March. I'm looking for something more around late march early april
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 11:31 AM

A nice relaxing tour in March is the Eastern Caribbean. Not too stressful and you can do less touring if you want. But you will spend a bit of money depending where you are. Flights to the terminal can run the price up. Get a good Travel agent and get an estimate.
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 04:25 PM

How about a cruise through Hawaii? NCL has some 7 day itineraries and you could see several islands with only unpacking 1 x. Includes your meals and may be cheaper in the long run than a condo.

If you're more inclined for a condo, try www.vrbo.com to get some ideas.
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 06:34 AM
Original Poster

Well i discussed the trip with my sister and we decided that my parents would really enjoy a cruise. We live in Tampa and have many cruises that leave from here all the time but the problem is that they only go to the Caribbean.
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 11:25 AM

Is Ft Lauderdale out of your driving reach? There are cruises from there to or through the Panama canal.

This is how I looked it up: opened cruise.com website, clicked on "cruise port search" and got a US map. There are several ports in Florida with different destinations, click on a port, you'll get a list of cruises per month.