Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Getting conflicting info re: NCL roomservice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Candy

I contacted NCL last week to inquire about whether or not you would get a HOT made to order breakfast through room service (bacon,eggs etc.) and was told by the NCL reservation lady that YES, it didn't matter whether or not you were in a suite, you could get HOT breakfast. Now today I read someones posting on a different message board that you can only get HOT if you're in a suite. Then someone else contradicted that reply and said that she had only been able to get continental breakfast in a mini-suite when she was on the NCL Sun. This doesn't seem like such a tough question but now I'm hearing so many different answers INCLUDING the definite YES from the NCL reservationist. Did they have a policy change? Candy

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 08:36 AM
sheila

Only pax in a FULL suite get hot breakfast. That's why the person in the mini-suite didn't. I have heard of some people saying they got a hot breakfast in a regular cabin, but this is not the norm and not the NCL policy.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Candy

Thanks for the clarification. Someone needs to inform the NCL reservation people who are giving out INCORRECT information!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Amy

The room service on NCL is pathetic anyway, so it doesn't really matter. I ordered a fruit plate which was supposed to consist of six or seven fruits. I got one slice of cantaloupe, one slice of watermelon, and one of honeydew. They were tiny and there was none of the pineapple as promised. Very disappointing.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Patty

I've found the room service (in terms of food selection and quality) to be pathetic on just about every mainstream cruise line unless you are in a suite.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Ben

I'm sure that I had a Hot breakfast with an inside cabin on NCL Sky. I just called NCL and was told by a "man" in reservations and he confirmed that you can get a hot made to order breakfast regardless of whether or not you're in a suite or not. Are you getting the feeling that maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing?? I do know that on the Amsterdam (HAL) I had everything from omlettes to pancakes, bacon, ham etc. in my inside cabin. I don't even recall them having a menu, I just told them what I wanted and it always arrived and it was HOT and QUICK.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 02:13 PM
John

Hi Candy,<BR><BR>NCL has a 'breakfast' card in mini-suites and below. It is very basic . . . beverages, rolls, cereal, fruit etc. Time desired is part of the query.<BR><BR>Unless you make a 'friend' with your steward (or kitchen staff) you are stuck with the ordinary.<BR><BR>Pretty much the same with room service.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 03:31 PM
CharlesL

To my knowledge there is only one cruise line that does room service really well - Seabourn. On a few of the mainstream lines, one can get lucky and have a reasonable slightly warm meal in a Suite. But please get real people. Most cabins are just too small to allow you to serve a decent meal. Most cabins are hundreds of yards (at least) away from any galley. It is often physically impossible to get a decent meal to a cabin, intact and hot. <BR>You can always bribe a cabin steward to break the rules and get something for you. But do you really want to chance a mediocre cold meal in your cabin?<BR>Are you on holiday for quality or quantity?