Reload this Page >

General Questions Before We Sail

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 07:38 AM
Jennifer

Hi. Thanks in Advance for any help : ) <BR> <BR>1) Going on Monarch of the Sea RCCL, can we bring pop on board? Not a big drinker, but like to have my caffeine in the AM, don't drink coffee. <BR> <BR>2) Bought excursions on-line, is that safe? Has anyone else done this? <BR> <BR>3) On non-formal nights, what do the ladies usually wear? Are Khakis and a nice blouse to casual? And what is TO formal for formal nights? Don't want to under or over dress. <BR> <BR>4) Are there parties that passangers are invited to that give free drinks? Like a Captians party? <BR> <BR>Thanks again everyone! <BR>Jennifer

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 07:53 AM
Tanya

I haven't been on this particular ship, but most formal nights range from evening gowns/tux to dress/suits. Something nice you would wear for a special occasion (ie wedding) would be suitable. For non-formal nights I have worn slacks/blouse or skirts/blouse, sundresses, etc. More of what you would wear for casual/work wear. No shorts, etc. My husband wore collared shirts and brought along a suit jacket just in case. Check with the cruiseline - they should send the info in your package with your ticket. <BR> <BR>Most times the Captain's party will serve a glass of champagne but that is about it for free drinks.

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 05:06 PM
fran

<BR>Altho I have no personal experience I do know people bring liquor onboard so bringing soda should not be a problem. <BR>On formal nites nothing would be considered "overdresssed" You will see everything from cocktail dresses to gowns. <BR>On non-formal nites I generally wear a short skirt or casual dress. However, pants are fine. <BR>The Captain's party will include free drinks of some sort as well as the "repeat" passenger party. I attend "Singles" cruise where all our cocktail parties include free liquor. <BR>Have never booked excursions online, would advise you to check on these when you board. <BR>Have fun.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 06:07 AM
Greg Gallagher

Hi Jennifer, <BR> <BR>since you don't seem to be drinker this should not be a problem, but nothing beverage wise except for normal meals is free on RCCL cruises. There drink prices range in the area of $4-6, depending on simple or fancy. Also, bringing the beverages would probably be a good idea since I found charges for a simple cup of coffee on off hours. They usually check your carry ons. Good luck!!

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 10:58 AM
Sandy

Hi Jennifer, we have booked shore trips on-line, with no problems. Pack your soda's, I have never had any leak, also this gives you some extra space for anything you buy. Or you can buy them (soda)at the first stop. Good Luck.

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 10:53 PM
sss

<BR>Jennifer- <BR>1.yes <BR>2.yes-cruise excursions are safe <BR>3.for formal nites-men wear black tie(tuxedo) or dark suit-women wear cocktail or long gowns-either is ok <BR>For regular nites-a church dress will do <BR>For casual nite-slacks and top are fine <BR>Cruise tells you 1 day ahead what the dress in the pm dining room is <BR>4.yes-they serve champagne and small hordouvres--at past passenger partied they sometimes serve rum punch drinks