Search

Formal Nights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 1999, 04:11 PM
harriett

Formal Nights

My husband and I are leaving Sept.12 on the Regal Princess for the Inside Passage cruise. How formal is the "formal" nights? <BR>

Old Jul 24th, 1999, 04:08 AM
Marlo

You don't have to been clothed in <BR>sequins from head to toe for formal <BR>night. Most women wear dresses that you <BR>could wear to an evening wedding. Men <BR>wear dress pants and a jacket. If you <BR>aren't into dressing up most cruise <BR>lines offer casual dining in one of <BR>their other dinig rooms. Have a great <BR>time!

Old Jul 24th, 1999, 10:22 AM
Dawn

There are many variations of "formal." If your husband doesn't have a nice suit, he can rent a tux @ Tuxedo's at Sea. It is a great place to rent and they are very reputable. They have the tux in the suite before you set sail w/everything you need! The bonus is you don't have to pack it and then you can just leave it! My husband has his own tux but we have done this before and I would highly recommend it to someone that doesn't have his own tux. <BR> <BR>There are a lot of people that don't like the formality of the formal nights. A nice dress...doesn't have to be sequins or to the floor, just something nice. You can go to Ross and get a beautiful evening dress for $20 and it will fit in beautifully. <BR> <BR>Or if you can't stomach the idea in general, don't go to the dinner on the nights they have formal. You may be sorry because it is not at all "stuffy" as you may think. For me, I love this part because really, how many times do you get the opportunity to get all gussied up anymore? Brings us back to our dating years....10 years ago...and makes for a very romantic cruise....my husband loves wearing his tux too, I think for different reasons though...it expands! <BR> <BR>Have fun...and don't worry about whether you are dressed up enough...you pay too much money to answer to anyone! You may be surprised on how much you enjoy this part though! <BR> <BR>Dawn

Old Jul 24th, 1999, 04:35 PM
harriett

Thanks, Marlo and Dawn, <BR> <BR>Since we're traveling in Oregon a week before the cruise, we were trying to minimize luggage. He could take a dark suite in addition to sports coat, but renting tux may be the answer. <BR> <BR>Thanks!!! <BR>

Old Jul 26th, 1999, 07:36 AM
Lee

How do you get hold of Tuxedo's at Sea and do they service the Crystal line <BR>

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 07:05 AM
harriett

Lee, we received a brochure in our package from Princess. Youmight check with your Travel Agent. <BR>