Fodors Get Smart - Use Registration!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 06:06 PM
P.A.P.

Fodors Get Smart - Use Registration!

Tell us why you think Fodors is not using registration like every other chat web site in the world?

1. you register with fodors

2. they e mail you back with your password

3. no one else knows your e mail address
except Fodors.
a. no spamming
b. prevents foul mouths and inappropriate
behavior.
4. everyone is happy.

Fodors do you like being the laughing stock of Travel Boards?

What's your call?

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 06:32 PM
mindyour

Hey Pappy.
Maybe most of the people that frequent this site like it just the way it is.
Why does it have to be just like all the other sites.
Let's keep it different. Also, if it is the laughing stock as you say, it sure keeps you coming back, doesn't PAP?

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 09:12 PM
Gina

Um no we don't. Most people have left this site for cruise critic and others similar.

Change is bad,oooooooh! If you like the current system that means you like to hide behind false names. Most of keep anonymous because of spam or spiteful people like you.

I think it would be great to have sign ins or registration as long as they didn't give out the e mails and kept them anonymous to everyone except themselves.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Allyson

Most of the people that frequent this site have been the most disappointed in the current state of Fodors web site.

It may not be the cure all, but it sure can't hurt. I vote yes on registration.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Jimbo

Yep registration is the only way to keep people coming back to this site.

People will not make fake postings because they will risk an onslaught of emails reprimanding them. Also, if registration is required, Fodors can easily prevent postings from people that are ploblems.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 09:28 AM
NoRegistration

Registration will be the final nail in the coffin of this forum. For people who want to register and sign in, there are many better sites to join that are specific to cruises. Remember, Fodors is a general travel information site with multiple forums, people looking for cruise specific information will register at those sites that are specific to there interest.

The only thing Fodors has to offer that the others don't is Paul!

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 09:38 AM
xx

And that's a plus? Boy are we in trouble.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:14 PM
WildBill

Fodors site as a whole is by far, not even close, the best over-all travel related site on the web. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Ron

It will be intersting to see how the Wildbills, Vics, Fainas hold up if this is implemented. Maybe that's why they seem to be the ones grousing about it.

I vote yes.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 02:21 PM
snorkelman

I really don't understand it. The other Fodors forums don't have the childish responses that this cruise forum does. Take a look at the Europe forum. Intelligent questions and helpful responses. Weird because the other Fodors forums also don’t require registration.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Just

Hmmm what does that say about the people on cruises?

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 04:54 PM
WildBill

The gutless wonders of the world like Ron want registration so fodors can "monitor" the board better and apparently "block" certain people out. Ron, fodors deletes a lot of posts and topics on a pretty frequent basis. Additionally, if you don't like a topic don't read it. Finally, if you don't like the board, stop using it. Fodors.com is by far the best web site for travel related information and discussion. Part of the reason is the free flow of ideas and discussion. Boards that require registration don't necessarily keep out the kind of posts or posters that you're complaining about. (As an example check out lonelyplanet.com some time)

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Steve

Wildbill, the only gutless person so far in this thread is you and your little crony types.

If you call the free flow of ideas and discussion the prattle that you put out whenever you type then they really do need to regulate this board.

You are constantly making negative comments, but you usually stick to the TA thread. Did they get fed up with you to?

You are a perfect example of why they need log ins.

I vote YES!

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:03 PM
WildBill

Steve, speaking of gutless wimps, lets talk about your track record. You rarely post any information. What's with that? You just want to ask questions? Well how about we do it where you can only post a question if you answer another one. Gee, that sounds better than registration and encourages the free "flow and exchange" of information. (By the way, why not make it so that you have to put in your e-mail address. I'd be all for that, but probably not you. And i mean everyone posts their e-mail address.)

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Samantha

Well WildBill you first. And not a hotmail account but the real home address. I can't wait to update you with the latest viruses and spam.

This guy is exactly why we need log ins. He is the very definition of troll.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 09:30 PM
rebel with a cause

NO registration !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, No, NO, NO

Did I make myself clear?

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 09:33 PM
Debra

Where did that nutcase come from (WB)?
Yes make people register. I'm all for it as long as my address isn't displayed to the general public or used for solicitation. If it will help to get rid of people like the guy before me.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 09:50 PM
Paul Therault

Very interesting. Did you notice the little "o" column next to all the big "O" columns? And if you scroll down fast it creates an optical illusion. Must have something to do with cruising. This forum is so creative.

Paul

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 04:26 AM
P.A.P.

Yes I did. Its not the Paul board or the bashing board, but the cruise board. That's why we think registration would be good. Those against it fear for their safety.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 05:29 AM
What?

Fear for their safety??
You have to be kidding me.
This is just an internet chat room.
No more, no less.
You really should get away from your computer more often and join the outside world.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information