Reload this Page >

Flying into Lauderdale;Sailing out of Miami

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 03:58 AM
Annie

We arrive Friday night in Ft Lauderdale, leave Sat afternoon on the Triumph. How difficult or expensive is it to get from the FtL airport to Miami? How about the return directly from the port to airport? <BR> <BR>We're thinking about staying at Marriott Biscayne Bay. Any comments? <BR> <BR>

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 05:57 PM
kel

We did the same thing last Feb. Rented a hotel for the first night then rented a car from avis one way rental. I believe it was around 30.00 for the car rental.We had no trouble finding our way around. We printed out directions from Map Quest. Drive time is around 40 mins depending on traffic. Have a great time!!

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 04:08 AM
Annie

Kel <BR> <BR>Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me WHERE you left the car? And did you do the same on the return trip and if so -- where did you pick up car? <BR> <BR>I think I'm becoming obsessive about all the details!! lol <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>Annie

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 07:40 PM
Kel

We dropped off the car at avis car rental at the airport. They had a shuttle to the pier. It was easy

Old Dec 15th, 2000, 06:27 AM
Bob

I've done this twice. Instead of renting a car there are other options. You can have your hotel call "Super Shuttle" which will come to your hotel (a passenger van) and take you right to your ship. The cost is $20.00 per person and it takes about 30 minutes. The second option is to call a cab. They charge about $50.oo but that is for everyone in your party...not per person. Again, they'll take you right to your ship. By doing this you avoid returning cars...etc. <BR>Good Luck

Old Dec 16th, 2000, 05:38 AM
Hui

We've done this a few times too. It's quite inexpensive to rent a car for one day especially if you consider cab fares. This gives you the opportunity to tour around a bit too depending on your arrival times. <BR> <BR>Ft Lauderdale is really not that far from Miami either so you could either stay in Ft Lauderdale or in Miami. The Marriott is nice by the way.