Reload this Page >

First time cruiser - Fascination?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Tara

The travel agent gave me a good price for this cruise leaving Miami going to Key West and Cozumel for 4 days. Is this a good ship? Do we have to dress up? Is there smoking on cruises? When dining do we get to sit by ourselves or with people we don't know? Please help me with my concerns thankyou!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:47 PM
Joyce

Tara,<BR>The Fascination is a very nice ship.<BR>They do have one formal night where men wear tux, suits or a least Sports Coats.<BR>If you prefer not to dress up you can eat in the Lido Area.<BR>Other nights Long Pants and Sport Shirts with collars are ok in the Dining room (no shorts).<BR>In the dining room you are usually at a large table with several other couples.<BR>They have a limited number of tables for 2.<BR>Smoking is allowed in some areas, but not in the Dining Room or Show Lounge.<BR>Go and Enjoy your 1st Cruise.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 10:14 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Tara,<BR><BR>You can not request a table for 2 in advance on Carnival. As soon as you arrive on the ship call the information office and ask where the Miaitre 'd is located. Go see him and ask for a table for 2.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 03:21 PM
julie

Tara,<BR><BR>We are booked on the Fascination for this June. When we booked we were asked if we wanted a large or small table for dinner along with our time preference. Carnival's Paradise is their only totally non-smoking ship.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 11:12 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Julie,<BR><BR>Since all dining reservations are "waitlisted" on Carnival ships it is best to visit the Maitre 'd when you get on the ship to see if your wish has been granted.<BR><BR>Carnival has four dining times. The two early seatings are at 5:45 PM and 6:00 PM. The second is 8:00 PM and 8:45 PM. <BR><BR>Keep in mind that if you receive the 8:45 PM seating you may not start eating until after 9:00 PM.<BR><BR>Take a look at your "Sail & Sign Card when you arrive on board and see the Maitre 'd as soon as possible if you wish to change.<BR><BR>This four-seating dining times came about when Carnival decided that passengers should have "choices" as on other lines. I believe it is a poor program since one can not make a confirmed choice.<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>