Search

fewer kids

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:20 PM
stephanie

fewer kids

My single, 30 something friend and I want to take a rccl trip to the western caribbean end of april/start of may. we believe we like the explorer/voyager because of the excess of activities/options, but are afraid of running into too many kids. still, we believe the time we've picked is still school season/post spring break..will we luck out? also, we're thinking the ships are large enough where you won't run into them as much..is this naive? also, we're hoping there's a pool reserved for adults???

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:00 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Stephanie,<BR><BR>You will find many families on the Explorer/Voyager since it is a family type ship but less children on the April 20 and after sailing. No adult specific pool.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 03:28 AM
Theresa

On Explorer and Voyager - the solarium (and the solarium's pool and jacuzzis) is for people 18 and older.<BR><BR>On explorer - this was enforced.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Theresa,<BR><BR>I know it was posted but when I was on the ship the children were in it.<BR><BR>As you say I guess they are now enforcing the rule. That's good.<BR><BR>I saw the same type thing on the Disney ships and on the Grand and Golden Princess current pool.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Vicki

Stephanie: I can't be sure about the breaks, but I do feel that you definitely feel the other 3,000 passengers on this ship. Many have disagreed with me, but even my kids (older teens) felt crowded. We sailed on the Voyager over President's Day/mid winter break, and felt entirely too crowded. Won't pick that ship or that type of week again. (And I think the end of April, start of May doesn't fall near any particular school break that I've ever heard of).