Reload this Page >

email service on cruise ship?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2000, 05:07 PM
marie

Am taking a cruise-tour of Alaska this summer aboard the Celebrity - Mercury. Am curious to know if most cruise ships have email service (incoming and outgoing). Have any of you experienced cruisers had any experience with this? Thanks for your replies.

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 01:30 PM
Wayne

Norweigan Seas has e-mail available at $.75 per minute

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 03:07 PM
Betty

I just returned from RCCL's Monarch of the Seas. I believe they offer Internet services, not e-mail. But if you have a @hotmail.com e-mail address (which is free) you will be able to send and receive e-mails from your friends and family. Hotmail is great because you can get your e-mails anywhere in the world where there is Internet access.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 07:17 AM
Debi

Crystal had email service. They also had plain internet service if you wanted. We used the email service and it was actually quite nice. They charged a per-message charge for email, you got your email address with your cruise documents and PCs were available most of the time. It was kind of nice and very easy. They even left you a voicemail in your room when an email came in for you.

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 05:01 PM
Scott

I just returned from Alaska on the Mercury. Celebrity ships do not have e-mail access. However, many of the ports do. I was able to find internet cafes in Juneau and Ketchikan with reasonable rates.