Early homework for 2011 cruise....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine has suggested that we take a cruise in/around Europe in 2011. It'll be on on NCL (using a Cruise Reward certificate that's already been purchased) and I'm not sure where we should go.

I have never been overseas - so I am unfamiliar with any of these things.

Any suggestions for best itinerary or ports? One that stuck out with me was a Baltic Capitals (?), but I think that the price was a tad higher than they wanted to pay. Is that a good one and I should try to convince more? Or what itinerary/ports would you recommend?

Thanks!
Old Apr 9th, 2010, 05:18 AM

I suggest you head to your library and find out about these areas and what touring they can offer you. Look over a shore excursion list. All of the Europe cruises certainly are worthwhile and the selection is large.
Old Apr 9th, 2010, 01:26 PM

If you have never been to Europe, A mediterranean cruise would probably be a good starting point. I have the Fodor European Port of Call book and the information was very helpful.
Old Apr 11th, 2010, 09:38 AM

If you have never been on an European cruise, I am not sure you can say which is the "best." All are very good and some are excellent. The Baltic Capitals are very popular and that area is the most expensive in all of Europe so the price will be higher. But a cruise is also a very good way to see that area.We have been on seven European cruises and never find one we didn't like. A nice variation is out of Rome to Athens or Venice. I like the open jaws aspect of into one port and home from another. Saves back tracking unless you do a loop. Try to go in a couple days early so that you do your jet lag adjustment on your dime and not theirs. Also staying a day or two after the cruise solves some logistic problems for the last day.
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 09:18 AM

Check out the new NCL Epic. It will be doing Europe cruises in 2011. The ship is amazing.