Dunn's River Falls Info

Old Dec 30th, 1999, 05:06 PM
Barbara

Dunn's River Falls Info

I will be taking a western Caribbean cruise on the Century the end of May. Would love to climb the falls but I am wondering where do you put your valuables while climbing? Are there lockers available? Thanks for your advice.

Old Dec 31st, 1999, 06:10 AM
Debi [--}

I wore "cargo shorts" and put my things in plastic bags in the side pockets. I've heard there are lockers, but we weren't given the opportunity to leave our things in one, so I wouldn't count on it.

It's best to pack very light for the falls, since climbing is a bit strenuous and everything will get soaked. And wear old sneakers or water shoes. No bracelets, since you'll need to hold hands with others for stability. Camera is OK since guide will carry it for you (remember to bring money to tip).

Old Dec 31st, 1999, 12:08 PM
JIm

I don't recall any lockers, and if there were any, I wouldn't put anything valuable in them. There is no reason to take anything valuable to Dunn's River Falls other then a little money for tips and to buy the pictures that they will take of you. Plan on getting totally soaked, so put your money in a plastic bag or leave it with a friend that doesn't want to do the climb. We had a great time and I am sure you will too.

Old Dec 31st, 1999, 01:36 PM
Barbara

Thanks for the plastic bag tip. Would "Teva" type strap sandals work? I guess I pictured wearing our bathing suits under clothes when we left the ship and wanting a dry place to leave them while we climbed. That is why I questioned the availability of lockers for valuables, clothes, towels. Thanks for all your help.

Old Jan 1st, 2000, 09:43 AM
Debi [--}

I wore Teva style sandals and they were OK except that they collected a lot of sand in the sole, which was uncomfortable. Next time, I might wear sneakers instead.

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 06:49 PM
Tress

There are lockers at both the top of the falls & at the beach. Just returned last week so I am sure.