0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

DO NOT CRUISE CARNIVAL UNLESS YOU WANT Vacation destroyed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 2021, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DO NOT CRUISE CARNIVAL UNLESS YOU WANT Vacation destroyed

DO NOT VACATION WITH CARNIVAL UNLESS YOU WANT VACATION DESTROYED!!!

I would not recommend carnival Cruises unless you like to have your vacation pulled out from under you within 72 hours of departure over a weekend you cannot reach anyone to try and fix the issue.

I booked a cruise for my wife and I for Aug, 2 2021 to Aug 7 2021 for a Western Caribbean cruise pout of Galveston Tx. Two months ago, in early June. Like usual we ordered shore excursions and made airport to pier travel arrangements through Carnival and making our own travel arrangements to get from Los Angeles Ca. to Houston Tx.

On Friday July 30th we were busy packing, making banking withdrawals for trip and the other last-minute items you do before a trip like this. At 2:45pm an e mail was sent from Carnival to my e mail saying we are sorry, but we cancelled your reservation (No explanation just your cruise reservation is canceled). Being after 5PM in Florida we could not get anyone to help us understand the cancellation, but we did get ahold of customer service who could do nothing but tell us someone in accounting department canceled the reservation and we could not talk to them till 9am Florida time Monday the day cruise was leaving. I told them We are scheduled to fly out to Houston Sunday the Aug 1st and spending night in Houston to catch bus on Monday morning to the pier. I told their service rep we cannot wait till then, flight to Houston without a reservation and take chance the Finance Department could not fix problem. I paid in full the cruise fare vis credit card and had even already paid the credit care off.

So on Saturday morning July 31 when I get out of bed, I had missed call at 5:30 am from Carnival and emails saying my reservations re reinstated. I called them and said they need to cancel my reservation again; I have already cancelled my travel reservation to get to Houston because customer service said I could not get to right people to fix this issue till Monday morning day of cruise missing. They committed to full refund, but my family was very upset we have wasted our only vacation time for the year.

I wrote CEO and President of Carnival Friday night at 10:30 pm to let them know they destroyed my family vacation. There office contacted me Tuesday morning to assure I would get full refund, but because I was out of town and did not have my records with me, they would call back Friday Aug 6 2021. She called promptly at 9am Friday as agreed, in fact by then had already credited my credit card with refund. She was very kind and apologetic but only offered refund, No Compensation for:

· Prepaid Parking I paid $170

· Two Hotel Reservations non-refundable for total of $218.29

· Third Party Travel Insurance for $134.34 which won’t refund because Carnival cancelled

· Fortunately, my airline DELTA which I am a million-miler customer refund my flight right away.

· Lost only week of vacation we had for the year.

So we lost the vacation time plus over $500 in third party commitments to travel to the cruise. Not Even Credit or discount on future cruises even though this tis totally their mistake!

Again, you will be taking big chances to use CARNIVAL CRUISES BEWARE!

Last edited by moderator8; Aug 6th, 2021 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Remove contacts
Old Aug 7th, 2021, 04:01 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Your vacation was not destroyed, you still had a week off and could have done something else.

Third party commitments made by you are not Carnival's responsibility.

Set up a GoFundMe page if the loss of $500 is such a heavy financial burden.

Old Aug 7th, 2021, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by maga03377
DO NOT VACATION WITH CARNIVAL UNLESS YOU WANT VACATION DESTROYED!!!

I would not recommend carnival Cruises unless you like to have your vacation pulled out from under you within 72 hours of departure over a weekend you cannot reach anyone to try and fix the issue.

I booked a cruise for my wife and I for Aug, 2 2021 to Aug 7 2021 for a Western Caribbean cruise pout of Galveston Tx. Two months ago, in early June. Like usual we ordered shore excursions and made airport to pier travel arrangements through Carnival and making our own travel arrangements to get from Los Angeles Ca. to Houston Tx.

On Friday July 30th we were busy packing, making banking withdrawals for trip and the other last-minute items you do before a trip like this. At 2:45pm an e mail was sent from Carnival to my e mail saying we are sorry, but we cancelled your reservation (No explanation just your cruise reservation is canceled). Being after 5PM in Florida we could not get anyone to help us understand the cancellation, but we did get ahold of customer service who could do nothing but tell us someone in accounting department canceled the reservation and we could not talk to them till 9am Florida time Monday the day cruise was leaving. I told them We are scheduled to fly out to Houston Sunday the Aug 1st and spending night in Houston to catch bus on Monday morning to the pier. I told their service rep we cannot wait till then, flight to Houston without a reservation and take chance the Finance Department could not fix problem. I paid in full the cruise fare vis credit card and had even already paid the credit care off.

So on Saturday morning July 31 when I get out of bed, I had missed call at 5:30 am from Carnival and emails saying my reservations re reinstated. I called them and said they need to cancel my reservation again; I have already cancelled my travel reservation to get to Houston because customer service said I could not get to right people to fix this issue till Monday morning day of cruise missing. They committed to full refund, but my family was very upset we have wasted our only vacation time for the year.

I wrote CEO and President of Carnival Friday night at 10:30 pm to let them know they destroyed my family vacation. There office contacted me Tuesday morning to assure I would get full refund, but because I was out of town and did not have my records with me, they would call back Friday Aug 6 2021. She called promptly at 9am Friday as agreed, in fact by then had already credited my credit card with refund. She was very kind and apologetic but only offered refund, No Compensation for:

· Prepaid Parking I paid $170

· Two Hotel Reservations non-refundable for total of $218.29

· Third Party Travel Insurance for $134.34 which won’t refund because Carnival cancelled

· Fortunately, my airline DELTA which I am a million-miler customer refund my flight right away.

· Lost only week of vacation we had for the year.

So we lost the vacation time plus over $500 in third party commitments to travel to the cruise. Not Even Credit or discount on future cruises even though this tis totally their mistake!

Again, you will be taking big chances to use CARNIVAL CRUISES BEWARE!
I would be very upset too.
You deserve an explanation for the cancellation.
As they refunded with such short notice they should know other arrangements like air, hotel and parking would have been made as they knew where you coming from or should have.
I would advise to send a certified letter to the CEO outlining the time frame and include receipts for the other expenses. They should make a gesture of good faith for these as well.
BTW I once sent a certified letter to the CEO of RCI about issues I had. It worked. On our next cruise we received 4, yes 4 bottles of wine, 4 plates of chocolate covered strawberries and a fruit basket.
Be reasonable, don’t rant and rave. State your case as best you can.

Good luck.

Old Aug 7th, 2021, 05:04 PM

Boy, hard to believe they had no one 24/7 to fix a big glitch like that. It should have been a simple fix.
The agent you booked with should have been able to help. They could have suggested even just re-booking, making it a new booking and worry about getting a refund later if it was more money.
When things are going wrong at the last minute though, it is hard to sit down, take a deep breath and think of options.
I am sorry this happened to you.
Planning a trip during COVID is already stressful and last minute plans don’t always work. My DD just had things go wrong at the end of her only short vacation this year, plus she got sick. It is miserable to lose your only opportunity for a bit of rest, especially now. I do try to keep in mind that many people do not have any opportunity for this. Doesn’t lessen the pain, but does change the perspective.