Do I have to pay for the ship's water?

Jun 24th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Samantha

Do I have to pay for the ship's water?

I once cruised on Carnival and they had this huge Evion bottle in the cabin. I want to just bring my normal smaller water bottles from home and refil them while on the ship.

Will the ship's water taste funny (too much chlorine) or should I just bring a bunch of water bottles?

Jun 24th, 2002, 11:10 AM
BestThingsInLife

Stay home!

Jun 24th, 2002, 11:31 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Samantha,

The ship's water in the bathroom is fine to drink. It is the same water that is served in the dining room. Not the water in the toilet.

If you are still concerned get the water from the buffet water counter.

All the drnking water on the ship including the water in the shower is pure desalinated sea-water. You will not taste chlorine.

Paul

Jun 25th, 2002, 02:35 AM
water

Contrary to what Paul said (no - really!)...I've been on 15 cruises and on about 12 of them, there has been a distinct chlorine flavor to the faucet water the day before we pulled back into a US port, ostensibly so they could pass a potential Health exam.
Get a Brita sports bottle with a replaceable filter - it's small, handy, and makes the water taste like real water instead of swimming pool water.

Jun 25th, 2002, 10:31 AM
pat

Have always drunk the water on cruise ships, and am amazed at how good it is. I take a sports bottle and fill it up in the buffet area, or fill it up in the cabin, with ice from the ice bucket. I have never tasted clorine.

Jun 25th, 2002, 11:22 AM
xxx

The price of the water is included in the price of the sheets.

Jun 25th, 2002, 11:00 PM
Paul Therault

Water - did the water in the dining room also taste like chlorine on the last day? It comes from the same tank.

Paul

Jun 26th, 2002, 09:14 AM
JP

I have also noticed a chlorine taste in the water on a majority of my cruises. It has varied from faint to quite strong, both in the cabin and the dining room (and during the whole cruise, not just near the end).