Search

disembarkation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disembarkation

We are going on the Mariner of the Seas on March 28th. It returns on April 4th. It says arrival is 8:00. Is that the time we can get off? We are driving from Indiana, about 17 hours and I have to be at work on Monday at 7:00 a.m. Yes, I know I am cutting it
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

Sorry I hit post by accident. I cannot get off on Monday, I am a teacher and we are not allowed to take the day before or after Spring Break off. We really don' t want to spend the money to fly as there are 4 of us and now over spring break the air tickets are high. I really need to get off immediately. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 06:57 PM

Go down to the Purser's desk and tell them you have to get off ASAP in the am..ASK for the EARLY DISEMBARKATION LUGGAGE TAGS....

Tell them you have an early plane to catch that the cruise line did not book..
You will have NO problem getting off early and it is way easier for you to spot your luggage at the Customs area when you do get off early..

Good Luck...We just got off the Grand Princess in Dec. and did exactly that..had no problems getting the EARLIEST disembarkation luggage tags and were off the ship by 8 am...
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:07 PM

8:00AM is the time of arrival. The ship will need to be cleared by immigration officials, etc. You will need to go through customs, etc.

You can voice your need the day before at guest relations of your need to get off the ship early. They generally try to get the earliest "flights" off the ship first though. A more realistic debarkation would be 9:00 if the ship arrives on time; no fog delays in the harbor; everyone shows up for immigration on time; no security concerns, etc.

I don't envy you a bit. What a way to end your relaxing cruise--drive long hours then greet those students on a few hours of sleep. But I guess it is better than no cruise at all!!

Best of luck to you and enjoy those days at sea!!
Old Feb 3rd, 2004, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

I know, but I plan on sleeping in the van as best I can. It won't be the first time I went to work tired. I just hope I get home in time to shower.
And I teach high school students.