Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Did I hear something about a beer bash cruise?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:21 AM
sista

Where can I sign up?

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:38 AM
brotha

That is a beer bash cruise on the Western Caribbean sailings of Holland America's Maasdam. I think that someone claimed that it was a huge advertised thing, but it might have turned out that there was no fancy advertisements.<BR><BR>Regardless, plenty of people will be going (many college kids) and they only care about partying. Some people like Paul say it is all hooey, but you know what? If hundreds of people go on the Maasdam's Western Carribean sailings (even if it is not s HAL sponsored event) then there will be hundreds of party animals on that ship.<BR><BR>So, if you like to party, go on a Carnival ship (any of them) or go on the Western Caribbean sailings of the Maasdam (it sails to the west every other week!!)

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Official

sista<BR><BR>No, you didn't hear that and NO you cannot sign up.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Paul Therault

Of course it's a lot of hooey. Just a bunch of kids trying to scare the seniors that love HAL.<BR><BR>College kids, even the ones that brag about their disposible income, are not old enough to sail HAL.<BR><BR>And anyway why would any beer basher want to go on a ship where most go to bed at 10 PM. They wouldn't be able to scare anyone except themselves when they get thrown off at the next port.<BR><BR>Of course, they could use their disposible income to get home. But what fun is that? They would have to carry all their beer home with them.<BR><BR>Now can you see how senseless this is?<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 01:32 PM
KB

I'm not sure what the policy is these days as I'm old enough to not care. Maybe HAL has an age limit that they enforce, I don't know. I can tell you that 10 years ago I sailed a major line (not HAL though not Carnival either) as a HS senior on spring break with over 300 other HS kids. We were allowed on, sans parents who paid for our trip as part of our graduation presents. I don't think anyone behaved badly but don't assume that teenage kids don't have the income to sail....they have lots of it as it belongs to mommy and daddy. <BR><BR>Oh and if you want to know how it starts well one kid books with a few friends who tells some more friends and it spreads and all the parents get together and say what a great idea. Its better than Cancun because they won't get arrested or lost on the ship and the next thing you know they number 300+.