Search

Crystal Cruises-Vienna Day Excursions Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2018, 11:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Crystal Cruises-Vienna Day Excursions Question

Hello Fodorites!

I live in Vienna, in what is not a tourist-frequented neighborhood. In the last month, though, I have seen two groups following a "Crystal Cruises" sign wandering about the 'hood and my curiosity is way-piqued. If anyone on the forum can shed some light on the day outings to the outer districts I would be most appreciative.
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 05:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There doesn't seem to be a relevant excursion on their website, unless you sre in a former Jewish area. You could try asking on cruisecritic.com.
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
thursdaysd, thank you. Ours is not a former Jewish area (there is a Jewish cemetery nearby but it is no longer open to the public) and the day excursions do not match anything on their website. (I probably should have added that to my question as background, as I did scour their site looking for any hints as to why cruise ship day trippers would be tromping about our neighborhood before I posted.)
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was on a cruise recently that stopped in Vienna (not Chrystal) that offered an excursion that took us to a rural area outside the city where a local family invited us into their home where we sat around discussing all aspects of life in that country. It was a very interesting excursion enjoyed by all.

Perhaps Chrystal is offering a similar tour.
Old Jun 20th, 2018, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That does seem odd. I have been surprised a couple of times by encounters with cruise ship groups (Salamanca and Pecs), but further investigation turned up a fairly nearby river. But I would have thought there would be well worn paths for them in Vienna. Will be interested to know if you find something out.