Search

Crusing Solo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 03:31 PM
Jill

Crusing Solo

I am going on Carnival in March in the Western Carribean. I am traveling alone and would like to know experiences of other people who have cruised by themselves.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 06:25 PM
Dawn

I have cruised twice by myself, and have met some very nice people. My table mates have always accepted me and made me feel like one of the family. Going to most of the fitness programs, I have met the same people every day. It only takes a few days, before you find yourself running into the same crowd, and no one has ever made me feel like a 5th wheel. I do prefer having the stateroom all to myself, too. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 03:38 PM
Kate

hi <BR>I took a cruise on Carnival last year in April to the Western Carribbean by myself and had the greatest time. I had a roomate(cheaper that way), an older woman, but she was very nice. I met some other people, and always got to do and go where I wanted without checking in with anyone. We went to Key West and Cozumel. Both nice places. <BR>Im going on another one this May by myself, and I cant wait. Its stress free traveling alone, and with my journal in hand I'm all set to have a relaxing vacation. If you have specific questions, email me. <BR>Good luck, and Have a great time!

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 02:10 PM
Jill

Thank you both for responding, I am looking forward to a great trip!

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 06:15 AM
cathy

Traveling by yourself is the best, especially if you have a stressful job and would like to spoil yourself. While I have many friends and family members, I really like cruising alone and without a roommate. If you want to meet people, it's easy - if you want to be by yourself - it's easy. The best thing is no one will get angry with you if you don't want to go on the same excursion, agree on meal time, etc. <BR>I've cruise 3 times on my own and 2 times with others. The worst part about traveling on your own is the insecurity of going to forgien places and worry about safety. If you feel this way, stick with the cruise sponsored excursions - they'll look out for you. <BR> <BR>Have a good time.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 08:36 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Jill, <BR> <BR>Carnival is noted for seating a single person at a singles table and also age appropriate. <BR> <BR>You will make friends from day one. <BR> <BR>If this does not occur, see the Maitre'd. <BR> <BR>Paul