Reload this Page >

Cruising to Hawaii out of Ensenada

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Ginger

I've read a few comments about the trip from Ensanada to San Diego being a nightmare, does the same hold true for San Diego TO Ensanada? Also, I like the itinerary for the Spirit and the Infinity to Hawaii, anyone have pros and/or cons for these particular ships? There have been a few comments on design flaws on the Celebrity that create unhappy crews and service problems. Would like to avoid unhappy crews,they are what make or break a cruise experience. Thanks for your input.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 02:35 PM
jeanette

Yep, the trip from SD to Ensenada was nightmarish, and long. I can't imagine it woudl be so bad in the other direction -- no waiting to get on the bus at the SD Sheraton.<BR><BR>But it was still a lovely cruise, easy to forget that upfront hassle. I would do it again, but I'd probably do the trip with the sea days at the back end, leaving the bus ride to San Diego for last.<BR><BR>Can't comment on Celebrity. We did princess and it was fine. Not great, but certainly worth every penny.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Ginger

Thanks Jeanette for the reply, although I was hoping for a more encouraging answer. I guess I thought the trip from Ensenada would involve more time because of border crossing and extra security. It just sounds like a bummer!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 01:59 PM
Patrick

Re Ensenada to San Diego: just did it about a month ago. Try a five-hour trip, with three spent in line at the border crossing, the last hour of which was on foot. All that, and no cruise to look forward to!<BR><BR>Pat.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 12:16 PM
Jeanette

Due to security and border issues, the two hour bus ride turns into a three hour bus ride. For those that are lucky enough to do it in daylight, I'm told it is a nice drive. <BR><BR>It really isn't a reason to NOT do this cruise -- especially if it's at the back end. Just get ready for a bus ride, and enjoy the scenery. Plan accordingly for your flight home.