Cruising to Alaska

Search

Cruising to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruising to Alaska

OK, so I am trying to plan a surprise trip for my parent's anniversary. There will be 10 people, 2 children on this cruise... I am trying to find the best cruise line to take. So far I am researching Holland America, Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean. I would like to take the cruise line that offers the best in amenities and has the best food! Price is not of huge concern, however I don't want to blow my whole account on this trip! My parents have gone on many cruises before and therefore know what luxury can be. I would like to pick the cruise line that offers them that luxury.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as organizing for 10 people is not a task I will soon undertake again!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:17 AM

For a cruise to Alaska, I would strongly recommend Holland-America over Celebrity or Royal Caribbean because it specilizes in cruises to this area. Also, it has many more permits for its ships to go to Glacier Bay. Prices will be about the same, and luxuries as well. If anything, Holland-America is more luxurious than RCL. Opinions on food will vary with the person. Given all this, be wise and take Holland-America.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:35 AM

Don't forget Princess. You may find a best deal.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 08:47 AM

What cruiseline do they normally take ? That would be the best one to pick. The one they like.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 03:54 AM

My opinion only, cruising Alaska is important to consider "Alaska" and HAL is the winner here. I suggest a round trip Vancouver sailing, of which HAL has some that do both Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm. One of the best itineraries in Alaska. Princess only has round trip Seattles, which I would avoid due to poor routing and no Glacier bay.

If at all interested in a one way, then HAL is the answer again for Glacier Bay, College Fjords and Seward. All spectacular. But do budget time for interior travel, it's a waste to get all that way and miss out in my opinion.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 09:26 PM

We did a HAL land/cruise trip and it was wonderful.