Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

cruises that depart from NYC? any opinions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2000, 06:32 PM
edie

we are thinking of going on a cruise in may or june to bermuda that will depart from NYC. we would like a 4day if possible, b/c of time constraints. i've been on a few cruises, but not for a long time,and my husband hasn't been, so we are open to any line.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 11:29 AM
Duarte Mendonca

I don't believe there are any 3 or 4 day cruises to Bermuda. The government of Bermuda limits the number of cruise ships that visit the island to 5 or 6 a week. All the cruises that I have found to Bermuda (and I have been researching for a while) are for 7 days. We have booked a cruise on Celebrity's Horizon to Bermuda early next fall and are looking forward to it. NYC is close for us, a bus ride or more likely Amtrak.

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 12:10 PM
Jean

I haven't been to Bermuda, but I regularly check vacationstogo.com <BR>for last minute cruise specials. All those listed for Bermuda are 7 day, except for a 6 day cruise departing April 16. However, it leaves from San Juan, goes to Bermuda, and ends up in NYC. I cannot vouch for this website, as I have never booked a cruise thruogh them. Good Luck. <BR>

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 02:44 PM
Charlie

Hi Edie <BR>Sorry but there are no 4 day cruises to Bermuda.The closest you will come is the Crown Dynasty with selected 6 night Bermuda cruises from Philadelphia or Baltimore.Perhaps you could try a 3 or 4 night cruise to the Bahamas,a number of cruise lines offer these from various ports in Florida.Good luck !!

Old Mar 3rd, 2000, 11:25 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Edie, <BR>I am a travel agent and can tell you everyone is right, it takes a day and a half to sail to Bermuda from NYC. <BR> <BR>Also the cruises are very expensive. Try Princess, they seem to be a little more reasonable. They also port in 3 areas. All the other lines just do two. <BR> <BR>I have sailed many times but have not sailed on Princess since it is new for Bermuda this year. <BR> <BR>The NCL Majesty sailing out of Boston is less money. <BR> <BR>If you wish a short cruise out of NYC do one of the lines that are sailing up the East Coast. Those trips are fabulous. <BR> <BR>Paul