Cruise West

Mar 21st, 2002, 08:18 PM
Joyce

Cruise West

Haven't seen any recent postings re Alaskan cruises but maybe this will start something. Has anyone done the Cruise West "Aboard by Day Ashore by Night" cruise of the Inner Passage? We are booked for Sep. 3rd 4nts. Would love to hear anything you know about the ports of Juneau, St. Petersburg, Wrangle & Ketchikan. Thanks

Apr 24th, 2002, 07:41 PM
tonto

Don't know about this but hope others will post with info

Apr 24th, 2002, 09:52 PM
Paul Thearult

I sailed with Cruise West both in Alaska and the Far East and I can tell you the experience can not be beat. Very casual and quite an adventure.

I can not describe all the ports since it would require too much detail and you do have your own lifestyle. Have your travel agent get you the shore tour info in advance and choose what you would like to do.

I do not know too much about the boat that sails only during the day and you sleep in hotels at night. It certainly is different.

Enjoy,

Paul

Apr 28th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Sue

I can't comment on your cruise but have taken CW and it was a great and different experience from other cruise lines. Ashore by nite = does this mean evening on land or actually staying in hotels?

Apr 28th, 2002, 11:34 PM
Paul Therault

Cruise West has a new boat called the Sheltered Seas. It is like a whale watching boat. It is very fast and holds 70 passsengers. You have all your meals aboard the boat but you can not sleep on it. Four and five night cruises are offered and cruise tours that travel inland with extensions up to 12 nights total.

Paul