Cruise in Sept.

Mar 10th, 2000, 09:57 AM
Nwad

Cruise in Sept.

Has anyone taken this cruise in Sept? I interested in the weather conditions for that month. And anything you can tell me about Sitka and Anchorage. Should I plan an overnight in Anchorage?

Mar 13th, 2000, 06:36 PM
marie

Which cruise are you going on? Sitka is a beautiful little island. Usually cool to cold in the summer and often rainy. The wildlife watching excursions are fabulous.

Mar 14th, 2000, 07:03 AM
Nwad

I'm repeating on the Holland America line, which I think is the best. Not sure which Sept. dates I'll be cruising, yet.

Mar 14th, 2000, 11:29 AM
Ed

We took the Inside Passage cruise in mid September last year & did not see sunlight the entire 7 days in Alaska. Temps were around 50 Deg F. It was either rainy, foggy or cloudy, making it almost impossible to enjoy the moutainous scenery. Having said that, we loved Sitka!! In fact, it was the most beautiful port visit in the entire cruise. The whales, eagles, sea otters & other wildlife were numerous & easily found by small boat excursions. We especially enjoyed Sitka National Historical Park (15 minute walk from the dock) where you can walk a forest trail which is lined with numerous totems - a don't miss highlight. Hopes this helps.

Mar 22nd, 2000, 08:16 AM
Ed

Well, it's Sept of this year or wait for May next year. Thanks for the tip on Sitka's Nat'l Historial Park. I'll be sure and go there.