Reload this Page >

Cruise for young couple?

Search

Cruise for young couple?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2000, 03:33 PM
anthony

Cruise for young couple?

Can anyone recommend a cruise for a young couple? We would prefer to be around people our age (20-30) and would prefer no children on board. Cost is not a concern. <BR> <BR>Thank You

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 11:51 AM
steve

Anthony: for adult cruises check out Silverseas or Crystal cruises. Crystal started a new seperate line but i can't think of its name. it has one ship i believe called majesty. crystal also has the harmony and symphony. they are considered 6 star cruise ships and go all over the wolrd. check out www.crystalcruises.com they leave from new orleans, san francisco, vancouver, ft lauderdale. the only problem you may get older richer people. ask your agent

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 12:40 PM
merriem

I think Crystal might have too much of an older crowd....Try Celebrity!

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 09:23 PM
adina

Maybe Renaissance or Seabourn.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 09:37 PM
anthony

Thanks for the info all. Since this is my first vacation from work in over 8 years my main objective is to relax. That is why I do not want any children around. Older rich people are fine by me. <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 05:58 PM
Sandra

I think you would enjoy a cruise on Star Clippers. &lt;http://star-clippers.com&gt; <BR>It's a true sailing cruise ship, but more upscale than the Windjammers. Very relaxing. Beautiful ship, great ports, lots of beach time, no kids, and no dressing up! Feel free to email me for details.

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 08:03 AM
Robin

Hi Anthony, <BR> <BR>I can relate to your post! I've been there myself only now I'm a bit older. So where were you and your wife thinking of going? In my experience that seems to dictate the age of crowd that's on board. No one can guarantee you no kids but if you choose one of the lines listed in the previous post or "an older destination", you'll certainly limit them! <BR> <BR>The Caribbean and warm weather destinations seem to appeal to families, honeymooners and couples but if you choose a longer than 7 day cruise, like 12 to 14 days or a destination such as Europe, Alaska, Asia or Austrailia, you'll be likely to find an older crowd and fewer kids. Most people with kids seem to do 7 days or fewer probably due to cost and time off constaints. In addition, a lot of "who's on board" will be determined by WHEN you go. If you're going during the summer or a school vacation week, you'll be more likely to see kids no matter where you go. <BR> <BR>I'm familiar with all the cruise lines mentioned in the earlier posts and honestly, they are all wonderful cruise lines but I can guarantee you will be the youngest on board if you choose Crystal, Silversea, etc. Like yourself, I don't mind being the youngest either, infact we usually are...even now that we're in our late 30's. It just blows my mind that in this wonderful economy, aren't there other couples out there without kids who are willing to spend a few dollars and go all out. In my experience I just haven't seen it though. <BR> <BR>Based on your age group, I recommend Windstar because I think it'll give you the laid back atmosphere you seem to be looking for and probably very few kids. Check out their website, it's casual yet luxurious. <BR> <BR> <BR>My husband and I seem to choose destinations that attract an older crowd. We are almost always the youngest on board and rarely have I seen more than 1 or two kids. Neither one of us are sun worshipers so we've been to places like Alaska, Scandanavia, Mediterrean, etc. I've seen maybe 1 or two families on each of these cruises. <BR>