Cruise Food - What line is better

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to go on a cruise line with great food to the South or East Caribbean. Any line<BR>stand out? <BR>Secondarily, I am looking for a ship that the major age demographic is 30 to 50, with few children. Ideas?<BR>(I have no problem with kids, I am just looking for a trip away from the kids this time!)
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 12:03 PM

Depends a lot on when you want to travel!<BR><BR>On moderately priced lines, expect kids whenever school is not in session. Generally the food is quite good, but few offerings will be cordon bleu. <BR><BR>On premium lines, you can get great food and service with few kids almost any time of year. <BR><BR>Regarding a 30-50 age group, Celebrity has very nice food and is running a few &quot;adult only&quot; cruises to the desired areas.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Oh I forgot to mention we will be going the end of January.<BR>Right now I am leaning toward Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. <BR><BR>Advice?
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 03:43 PM

mitdoac<BR>Go Seabourn! Food, fantastic.......no<BR>children. A bit pricy, BUT woth every penny!<BR>We are Seabourn Sailor's from the &quot;git go!&quot;<BR>A Seabourn voyage is life changing!<BR>Happy Cruisin'
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 04:56 PM

Pass on Royal Caribbean...very disappointed in the food..try Celebrity...or if you can afford it Seabourne which may be a little older.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 05:01 PM

Celebrity...With the money you'll save over Seabourn you can go on another cruise.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 05:19 PM

Just returned from a Radisson Seven Seas Cruise and thought the food was excellent. <BR><BR>I've been on Carnival (just OK) and on a Windstar Cruise (Good food but not great) so I was really impressed overall with Radisson. <BR><BR>Breakfasts and lunches were very good, lots of choice including fantastic hamburgers and fries! Dinner provided lots and lots of choices including gourmet, plain, vegetarian and healthy options. That covers just about everybody. Wine is included with dinner and they were all excellent (in my humble opinion).<BR><BR>Very expensive, but I thought it was worth it because almost everything is included.<BR><BR>Hope this helps.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 06:14 PM
DMG

Celebrity is very good and has wonderful food. Our kids are currently on the Century. We were recently on Seabourn and the food was incredible but the weekly fare we paid was four(!!!) times what our children are paying- and we had the least expensive room on our Seabourn cruise.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 08:30 PM

Try the Windsurf from WINDSTAR cruise lines- Upscale casual-open seating dining- 330 passengers-4 masted sailing yacht-<BR><BR>We LOVED it- average age was 35-60 and the youngest kid was 21 and there were only 2 of them on board....<BR><BR>Great water sports-ship drops it's marina down in back of ship, when you are in port---<BR><BR>Much cheaper than Seabourn-( does not include all the liquor) but food is VERY good.<BR><BR>They usually have great sales on this ship for the Caribbean during the month of JAN.....<BR><BR>Also look at the Sea Dream Yacht Club-- formerly the Seabourn I--new owner and totally refurbished!! FABULOUS ship!
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 08:46 AM

I agree with Parrot Mom. I guess RCCL was good at one point, but not on my trip. Celebrity seems to be the place to go for food and other mature amenities.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:54 AM
JP

I wasn't as thrilled as most people seem to be about food on Celebrity. Out of my last 6 cruises, I'd rate it last:<BR><BR>Outstanding: Norwegian Sea, R Three.<BR>Good: Wind Surf.<BR>Fair: Crown Princess, Island Breeze, Legend of the Seas.<BR>Poor: Zenith.<BR>
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 01:34 PM

HAL tends to have less kids and have pretty good food for the money if you can't afford one of the luxury lines. More kids during school vacations, but still less than others. Do not do RCCL. And HAL is not full just with over 70 crowd as some claim. We are 50 and find most passengers about our age - some younger and some older. The luxury lines would all be better food than any of the others -- Silverseas, Seabourn, Radisson, Crystal. But of course you pay the higher price for those lines -- but usually get better food, service and more included -- like alcohol and gratuities on some of them.