Reload this Page >

CRUISE EVENING WEAR-

Search

CRUISE EVENING WEAR-

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 1998, 01:33 PM
Gidgit

CRUISE EVENING WEAR-

Can you wear velvet or velour evening dress on caribbean cruise???? Please reply, thanks Gidgit.

Old Nov 10th, 1998, 03:37 PM
Lynn

You can wear absolutely anything you like. On formal nights, you will see anything from the very dressy (sequined dresses and tuxedos) to business-like dressy outfits. There are no real rules that I'm aware of. <BR>

Old Nov 11th, 1998, 04:38 AM
Gidgit

Lynn, thank you for your prompt reply. Will pack the velour! Gidgit

Old Nov 11th, 1998, 08:15 AM
Erin

On our recent cruise, we received a daily bulletin telling us, among other things, the dress for dinner that night. Only Saturday night was "formal" (dark suit or tuxedo for the men, long dresses or cocktail dresses for the ladies); "smart casual" was another category as was "casual." We saw a bit of everything; everyone looked wonderful (I think people secretly like to dress up). We saw a lot--every night--of the short, black cocktail dress. We cruised out of Miami in areas that are supposed to be warm but I found the evenings cool, even in the dining room and our cabin. <BR>

Old Nov 20th, 1998, 03:42 PM
dorothy

<BR>As has been said, you can wear anything you want. We have seen formal evenings include the dressiest and all the way down to blue jeans. It is what your idea of dressy or formal is. Women can usually dress up almost anything so it looks dressy. Ship air conditioning can often be on the cool side so a light cover up of some kind is often a good idea. <BR>Happy sailing.

Old Nov 25th, 1998, 05:24 PM
Denise

Gidgit, <BR> YES! YES! YES! When I went on Princess most men were where Tuxedos and women were in lond evening gowns. <BR>

Old Nov 27th, 1998, 01:54 AM
Paul

<BR>Here's some advice from a travel <BR>agent. Granted, you may dress as <BR>you like, but, there are some <BR>cruise lines where formal nights <BR>are important. You will stick out <BR>like a sore thumb if you wear <BR>jeans on, say a Crystal, Seaborn, Raddisson, Cunard and <BR>Silversea cruises. A little less <BR>so on Holland American, Princess, cruises in Europe, Asia, So. Pacific, Australia and Hawaii. <BR>If you really want to dress down, take a Carnival Cruise.

Old Nov 27th, 1998, 02:59 PM
frerus

<BR>There is something about dressing for dinner that really makes a cruise worthwhile--the guys all look alike, but you ladies, you provide the essential extra that makes dining worthwhile--how many times do you get to "put on the dog"--do it, love ya for doing it!