Reload this Page >

cruise dress code?

Search

cruise dress code?

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2000, 07:39 AM
wendy

cruise dress code?

Are there any cruise lines out there that dont require suits and formal dresses to be worn at dinner time...What happens if you dont "dress up"...I am trying to decide on a cruise line and had pretty much chosen Princess cruise but am concerned about the dress code...I have three men that will not go if they have to wear suits...Please advise...Thanks

Old May 5th, 2000, 11:06 AM
Irving

Try Renaissance. Their dress code is "Country club casual" every day.

Old May 5th, 2000, 12:42 PM
Judith

Nothing "happens" if you don't dress up, i.e. there are no dress code police. BUT I would feel very uncomfortable without at least a suit on formal night if I were a man. <BR>One thing you might think about is that Princess has alternative dinning in the evening. One does not need to dress formal for that.

Old May 6th, 2000, 05:26 AM
merriem

Windstar is very nice and there isn't a sports coat, suit, or beaded dress to be seen. That is my vote!

Old May 6th, 2000, 01:28 PM
Jackie

Renaissance Cruises offers exactly what you are looking for. In addition to the relaxed dress code they also offer smoke-free ships, open-seating restaurants to provide flexibility in your dining choices and best of all, they do not allow children under 18 on the ships. They have a site at www.renaissancecruises.com - definitely worth at least checking out...

Old May 7th, 2000, 12:48 PM
Marilyn

Celebrity also offers a nice alternative dining experience. If you don't wish to dress up you may make a reservation in the casual restaurants for a very nice dinner. The breakfast and lunch meals are served buffet style but the dinners are served sit down. We were on the Mercury in March and didn't use this service but we did peek at the menu and it was very nice. You can also order room service from the main dining room menu on Celebrity. You may be worrying too much about the dress and miss out on a wonderful experience in the dining rooms. You will never be wrong with a nice pair of black slacks and a classic blouse for the ladies. Most men do wear suits but many either wear a sport coat or a dress shirt and tie. Have a wonderful cruise.