Search

Cruise Cost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Jen

Cruise Cost

I've done lots of homework on the cost of my Bermuda cruise on Horizon's Celebrity. Does $1,100 per person for an inside cabin sound about right? That is my cheaptest quote to date.

Old Dec 25th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Jen

Oops, pardon my typing. I meant Celebrity's Horizon.

Old Dec 25th, 2001, 10:59 AM
Theresa

You may want to state what date/month you are going. September is much cheaper than July.

Old Dec 25th, 2001, 04:40 PM
Jen

That price was for the end of april.

Old Dec 25th, 2001, 05:49 PM
pavla

if this is for the summer months, it is about right. Aug 31 and sept is going for $899 on vacationstogo.com but when they first posted it about 3 weeks ago it was $799 I thought prices go down as a cruise nears sail date not up.

Old Dec 25th, 2001, 11:20 PM
Paul Therault

The early-bird prices are always the best plus you get your choice of staterooms. The price will escalate as the cruise date draws near (either weekly, daily or by the minute). The prices will reduce later if the ship is not filling (fat chance of this for Bermuda sailings). The cruise lines are limited in the amount of triple and quad cabins sold for Bermuda sailings thus the high prices.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 03:38 PM
Theresa

Yes - that rate sounds about right.<BR><BR>Have fun!

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 01:44 PM
Jim

Hi Jen:<BR> Does the $1100 per person include port charges? I checked Cruise.com and their lowest price today was $1049.00. I do not know if their price included port charges or not. Does your quote include price protection if and when the price drops below $1000---wuich it will??? If you are not price protected by agent, then I suggest you wait a few weeks.<BR> Frankly I try not to pay more than $100.00 a day for an inside cabin.<BR> I think you can and will get a lower price.

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Sara

Bermuda always seem more expensive then the Caribbean.<BR><BR>The cheapest I have seen Bermuda was $950.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 12:01 PM
JasonH

Bermuda is an expensive cruise. Also, most ships allowed to go there are smaller ships.<BR><BR>That price is probably pretty good.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 06:06 AM
kb

I am waiting for a reply from a travel agent about cruising to Bermuda from New York in May, 2002. But I looked on icruise.com and saw prices in the $700-$800 range as well as higher. Not having cruised before, I do not know the difference in cabins listed by letter designations. Can someone help?

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Jen

KB, what cruise line were you looking at? That sounds pretty low.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 07:18 AM
megan

check out crucon.com, icruise.com they have awesome cruise rates. I researched several online/travel agencies recommended by fodors cruise travel book and found these to offer lower rates & good service. More so than other travel agencies! good luck.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 08:50 AM
xxx

KB, if you look on Expedia.com, you can search for the cruise you're considering, click the "book it" button (don't worry, you're a long way from being on the hook), and it will show available cabins by letter AND description (e.g., inside, outside, outside with balcony, etc.).

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Jules

I am travelling on the Horizon Feb. 22-March 1, 2002 and the cost for me and my boyfriend for an inside cabin, including airfare, was $1,374. We are traveling from North Carolina.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Acp

Jules, where are you going and who did you book through?

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 01:59 PM
ladybug

try buycruises.com they were the cheapest for me......and there was no hidden cost. You can also talk to a *live* representative if you'd like. and if the fare goes down they adjust the price. ( I had 2 significant price reductions since I booked)