Reload this Page >

Costa Maya/Majahual Blood Donor

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 04:21 AM
Mike

Just tried to give blood but I am defered one year for having been to Costa Maya on a Western Caribean Tour. This is due to the risk of Malaria. Probably also applies to Merida/Progreso. Does not apply to Cozumel and I think Cancun. The Red Cross has a very detailed list of locations. I was surprised to see Costa Maya listed, since it only just made it into Fodors as Majahual. Thought I'd let you folks know. <BR><BR>Mike

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 10:23 PM
Paul Therault

Thanks for the info Mike. News to me, especially about malaria<BR><BR>Do you know where one can find a list of Caribbean areas that are suspect. I tried the CDC but they had no info on Mexico.<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 12:08 PM
Jerry

About 5 years ago I was giving blood after a Western Carribean cruise and after saying we visited Cozumel I was asked if I went to the ruins. The ruins were then also a malaria risk, but as you said Cozumel was not

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 12:37 PM
Theresa

Playa de Carmen is also on the list of places that you can not go to if you want to donate blood.<BR><BR>Red Cross had a list once on their website but I haven't looked at it for awhile.

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 01:11 AM
Paul Therault

Thanks for the info. I will take a look at it.<BR><BR>Paul