Copenhagen transfers to the Holland American at the Port

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Transfers from the airport in Copenhagen to the Holland America Eurodam on Aug 1, 2009 are $88.00 each, which is round trip. For two people that is $176.00, which seems a bit out of line. Has anyone here taken the taxi from the Copenhagen airport to the port? Is it feasible, and how expensive and convenient is it to do it this way?

What do you think is the BEST way to get the best rate for Holland American Eurodam Baltic tour. We keep getting different prices from everyone. Of course we know not to book directly with Holland America, as there are no deals there.

Lastly, if anyone has taken the 10 day Baltic tour on Holland America, should we stay one night in Copenhagen after getting off the ship or go straight to the port?

Thanks..I look forward to your answers.
Old May 24th, 2009, 04:37 PM

We took a cab and I think it was in the vicinity of $35 US from the airport (that would be one way but for two people) Yes you should spend a night in Copenhagen but search "Percy" and read his trip reports. You are best to go to cruisecritic.com and register if you haven't already. You can then go to roll calls under the forums and find Holland America - then your ship and then your dates. You will certainly find fellow passengers to arrange private tours with. That is what we do on our cruises and the Baltic is a particularly good one to do that - the private tour companies in St Petersburg are excellent and I know Percy as well as others including my family used Alla tours.
Start a new thread entitled "help Percy" and he will find you for sure!!!!
Old May 25th, 2009, 06:45 AM

Hi traveller69 !
justgazin:

I do not know who is giving you these quote but they are too high.

First of all if you can , then for sure stay a few extra days in Copenhagen.... this is a nice place with lots to see and you may never pass this way again...so see all you can now.

From the airport four of us took a taxi, to the Marriott Hotel and the cost was 140 Krona ..which was about $39.00 US for the four of us.

The airport is right beside a peninsula by the famous Oresund Bridge....it is not far from the Marriott hotel.

There is a terrific tour guide that I know in Copenhagen.

Hereis the link to my trip report...just what what maybe of interest to you.

http://www.fodors.com/community/crui...acketwatch.cfm

Any question...just ask , we are all here to help.

Percy
Old May 25th, 2009, 10:58 AM

I meant to say , just read ewhat may be of interest to you.

Who gave you this quote of $ 88.00 per person?

if you can stay a few days earlier...then stay at the Marriott

and ask for the waterfront room ,it is only $10.00 per person more .

If you want me to get a hold of Grethe for you , I can do that..Grethe was my terrific tour guide in Copenhagen.

(Thanks traveller69)