Reload this Page >

Condition of Monarch of the Seas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 12:27 PM
Marlo

Has anyone been on the Monarch of the Seas <BR>since it has been repaired and refurbished? <BR>We are booked on the millennium sailing and <BR>are curious as to the condition of the ship. <BR>Traveled on the Rhapsody of the Seas last <BR>year and hope that the Monarch doesn't <BR>disappoint us. Thanks.

Old Jul 18th, 1999, 08:21 AM
Greg Robinson

Marlo, <BR>We are going to book the Monarch in June of 2000, so I too am curious about some feedback. Have fun making your plans! <BR> <BR>Greg

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 04:25 PM
Maria

My honeymoon was on the Monarch of the Seas last year in June. We had a great time and enjoyed the food, service and all the activities on board. I was not aware that the Monarch was renovated but I felt it was rather new although I have not been on a newer ship. We loved it so much we are going on the Majesty, a similar ship, on August 22nd. I would assume you might be disappoinnted if you have experienced a new ship. I would be!! Enjoy!

Old Aug 3rd, 1999, 04:46 PM
Jim

My Fiance' and I are going On the Monarch for out honeymoon next July. I was on it's sister ship the Sovereign in 1995. That ship was fabulous, the food and entertainment. I hope the Monarch is just as good.

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 10:35 AM
Susan

I am booked for the Monarch of the Seas for May, 2000. I am also looking for some feedback on Monarch's condition and itinerary. I cruised with Royal Caribbean in 1990 on Sovereign of the Seas and had a wonderful experience. When I booked our cruise, I sent away for the video tape that RCCL offers for their different ships. Monarch looks just as elaborate as Soverign. I hope we made a good choice. <BR> <BR>Susan <BR>

Old Aug 19th, 1999, 01:10 PM
Alicia

Hi! <BR> <BR>My husband & I cruised on the Monarch of the Seas last May/99 for the fourth time! The Monarch is one of our favorite ships, and can compete with the best of them. She was refurbished last winter after a mishap occurred in December/98, causing the entire passenger list and crew to be disembarked in St. Martin. She was towed back to New Orleans to be repaired and while she was there they spruced her up. The food is magnificient, service is first class and shows are devine. I'd go tomorrow again if I could. You all rest assured that the Monarch is a splendid ship. Happy sailing. <BR>

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 05:01 AM
BoB

We were on the Monarch in April and she was in magnifient shape

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 06:46 AM
John F.

We just got back from a cruise on the Monarch(Aug.8-15). Had a great trip. There was a full ship with over 2600 passengers aboard. Some long lines in the buffet dining (Windjammer). The air cond. in the staterooms was not up to par. We heard several complaints from other crusiers. The ship was in very good condition and the staff were excellent. A much younger crowd on board than most ships that we have been on (8th-cruise in 2 years). We are in our late 40's. Very port intensive cruise, with only one day at sea. A very nice trip for sure, you will have fun!!! The cruise ship terminal in San Juan was not a problem at all. Better than Miami and San Diego. Hope this helps a little. John F.

Old Aug 20th, 1999, 06:53 PM
Sandi b

Just had some clients come back from their honeymoon on the Monarch (2 weeks ago0 thought it was wonderful and looked great, they were 100% happy with it, so I think you have nothing to worry about. I assume the concerns are because of that January incident in St Maarten.

Old Sep 9th, 1999, 12:35 PM
Wendy

My husband and I went on Monarch of the Seas for our honeymoon 3 weeks ago (August 15-22). It was our first cruise, and it will not be our last. We loved everything about our vacation. The staff was wonderful, the ports were well-chosen and exciting and the ship was in excellent condition. To top it off, we had perfect, sunny weather! <BR> <BR>I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone. There were a lot of honeymooners on our cruise, so the crowd was pretty young.

Old Sep 10th, 1999, 04:52 AM
Sally

Glad to hear the Monarch still has the right stuff. We sailed her 4 years ago for our first cruise and loved it. The ship was showing a lot of wear but everything was clean and we enjoyed every minute. We have been thinking of returning but wanted to see if she had been spruced up a bit before committing. <BR>Thanks.

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 06:34 PM
Jackie

Im getting married in Nov. and we already paid the deposite. We will be taking the MONARCH too. The brochure really doesnt tell you much about the ship. But I have heard that its the best of the best!