Reload this Page >

Comments on RCCL's Monarch of the Seas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 09:29 AM
Cheri

Looking into taking a cruise on RCCL's Monarch of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale in February and would appreciate any comments (good or bad) about this ship.

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 06:29 AM
Jack Sigano

The Monarch is close to 10 years old. But that does not mean it is antiquated. We sailed on it some 8 years ago and were very impressed. It has a large atrium and glass elevators. I don't know if any refurbishing has been done over the years, but it was ultra modern when we went on it and I think it would still be considered up to date. Of course I cannot comment on the food or other amenities of this ship after 8 years, but having done a couple of RCCL cruises I can tell you they have good games and shows. I'm sure you will not be disappointed in the design and decor of the ship.

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 08:18 AM
xx

Word of advice. Never sail on a ship over 5 years old with RCCL. The ocean takes a high toll on ships and RCCL seems to have a rough time keeping up with her. They do maintenance constantly even during your cruise (sanding, painting, cleaning the boilers etc...). This kind of thing should be done when NO passengers are around. It is not only intrusive it is unhealthy. Take my advice washing off sawdust from your recently suntan oiled body is no fun. RCCL isn't bad but try a newer ship.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:57 AM
steve

Cheri,<BR>I sailed on a 7 night Southern Caribbean in July 2000 on Monarch, and we had a great time. Everything was perfectly fine with the ship. We didnt notice any work or anything being done. Lets gove RCCL the benefit of the doubt, they arent going to do that in front of customers. The food was great, and we were given tickets to captains welcome party of cruise returnees, and a honeymoon party. I am not sure what ports they go to now, but I am sure everything on the boat is up to par knowing RCCL's reputation

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Bob

we were on here a couple of years ago and she is a great ship.. Sorry to feel xx's reply is unnecesarily negative. ALL (BOLDED CAPTIALIZED UNDELINED) are maintained while there are passengers aboard. Pretty unrealistic to think that this routine maintanence could be done in the 1/2 hour when there aren't passengers aboard betwen cruises.