Clothing - Northern Europe

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Husband and I are taking a Northern European cruise in mid-July. What type of clothing would be appropriate for the following port/shore excursion cities? Berlin, LeHavre/Honfleur, Bruges/Ghent, Amsterdam, Oslo, Copenhagen.
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 02:47 PM

Are you doing the Golden Princess? Just returned from a trip with the same exact ports 2 weeks ago. We had a cold front that followed us the whole way with temps in the high 50's low 60's. I would imagine you could expect the high 60's low 70's for most of the trip. France will be the warmest. So I would bring layers including a jacket. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

Yes, we'll be on the Golden Princess! How was your experience? I'd love to hear all about it, as well as get advice from any other people out there!
Old Jun 28th, 2005, 08:39 PM

Hi Patches, here is a link to my review on cruisecritic.com:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...ight=cnmiranda

or a condensed version through fodors:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34635152

You can find out lots of info about the cruise through the cruisecritic webside message boards (Princess and ports of call) and join a roll call for your particular sailing if you're interrested at the "roll call" section of the boards.

Seems like everyone that has been on the sailings of this cruise since mid-May has been having a ball, us included

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Original Poster

Travelinwifey,
Thanks for the link to your reviews - very informative! I have one question though. You mentioned that the cruise ship holds on to passports. Don't we need to have them with us when we leave the ship for shore excursions, especially if we're venturing out on our own, not with a Princess shore excursion? Thanks!
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 08:37 AM

On our cruise the ship held our passports until the 7th day or just before Amsterdam, until then you just needed your cruise key. It didn't matter if you had a Princess excursion or not. In Amsterdam a lot of people were never asked to show their passports but we were. Then we only has to show our room key again in Le Havre.