Cell phone charger question

Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:39 AM
Original Poster

Cell phone charger question

I have to re-charge mine every 3-4 days. Will I be able to do it on the ship? Yes, I know, there may be no reception, but I should have it off-shore in LA and San Diego.

I think I saw something about those charging thingy not allowed on-board. Can this be a problem?

Should I drop my charger into that smuggling wine box
Jan 2nd, 2007, 11:54 AM

No priblems. I used mine last August. No sweat.
Jan 2nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Jacket!
Jan 2nd, 2007, 01:31 PM

I had never heard that restriction. What was the reasoning, I wonder?

I recharged on HAL and Celebrity. Kept my phone and the charger in the safe during the whole trip until I got to locations that I could use it.
Jan 2nd, 2007, 06:44 PM
P_M

I have no idea why a charging thingy should not be allowed on board. Everyone I know has a cell phone, and disallowing a charging thingy can lead to MUTINY!! Seriously, we took our charger without problems.

I wouldn't be surprised if you DO get reception off-shore. A couple of years ago we were in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico and we made a phone call on the cell. When I got my bill, the location said, "Gulf of Mexico."

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but are you going to smuggle on that boxed wine? (Franzia, is it?) Faina my friend, this is shocking. It's bad enough when wine has a screw-top, but if you drink that wine-in-a-box, then an intervention is on order.

Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:46 AM

Battery charges of all kinds are so common place these days that I cannot imagine why they would be a problem.

People on vacations need them for their video cameras, portable 2-way radios, cell phones, etc.

I've never heard of any such restrictions, so no, you should not have a problem.
Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for assurance. I re-read my booklet, it says "transformer". Being electronically deficient I was not sure what's that. As the only electrical thing will be the cell phone charger, I thought I'll ask.

Now, P_M, don't worry, living so close to the wine area I don't buy boxed wine, period. Too many Fodorites would stop talking to me, can't risk my reputation