Celebrity Xpedition

Search

Celebrity Xpedition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Celebrity Xpedition

My husband and I are going to the Galapagos on Celebrity Xpedition next month. Has anyone been on Xpedition recently that could tell me what the dress codes at dinner are? I am assuming no formal nights, but that sundresses, nice skirts or pants/tops would be more likely. Am I correct in this?

I looked on Celebrity's website, but can't find any dress advice specific to Xpedition. Couldn't find anything on cruise critic either, but didn't have time to look too long there.

Thanks!
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 07:52 AM

Wear whatever you like! A few ladies had chic casual outfits, no one had anything fancy, and most wore very casual clothes. Personally, I lived in a denim skirt and a hoodie. Men were all in golf shirts and chinos.
It's a fantastic trip. You'll forget about clothing the minute you board. Have fun !!

The main active thread for this trip:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=158948
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Thanks maztoz! I am really getting excited about it! I'll go now and check out that cruise critic link that you were so kind to find for me!!

I'll post a report here when I return!
Old Mar 4th, 2008, 11:16 AM

Oh! BTW, Florida1, that thread is about a gazillion pages long, so if you need specific info search the thread. It's a fantastic, flawless trip. You will have a wonderful time.
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 05:55 AM

Great choice, the Xpedition was amazing!! And the crew members are the best. As for dressing codes, I found it all very casual except for dinners; nothing too elaborated just long pants for the guys (no sandals or shorts are advised). All though the Xpedition is one of the most stable ships I’ve been on I recommend you to take medication…that is, of course if you tend to get seasick as easily as I do…ah! And before I forget…sunscreen, I cannot emphasize enough how important is to take the right screen or you’ll end up looking like a lobster (hahaha). If you need a local contact to give you a helping hand I recommend you to get in touch with Angie, she’s was truly helpful and professional and helped me and my wife make the best out of our time and money. I believe her hotmail was angie_cagigal if you get in touch with her, tell her that Bernard and Monique say hi!
Old Mar 5th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks again for all the added suggestions!

I thought about sunscreen today. I think I'll start packing about a week away, to give myself time to really think about what I'm doing. I'm usually a night-before packer.

We usually take Bonine on trips, so I'll be sure that we do on this too. We aren't usually seasick-I've only been sick once in 10 years of cruising.

BernieBarb-is Angie a local guide or is she a representative of Celebrity? I'll make note of her e-mail...

I just purchased a 4 gigabyte card for my camera, and we have our high definition video camera ready to go!!

For shoes on excursions, I'll take running shoes and Tevas for wet landings. Is there anything else footwear-wise that I'll need? Other than nicer shoes for evenings.

I am getting sooo excited about this trip!! I have always wanted to go...and now I am!

Thanks again for all the suggestions!