Reload this Page >

Celebrity Galaxy vs. Proncess Grand

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2000, 12:12 PM
Jim n Debbie

We sailed Alaska on the Galaxy and loved it. We are thinking about the Princess Grand or the new Princess Golden for next year but arent sure we will like it. Any one been on both and have comments ? THanks !!

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 07:28 AM
sandy

If you have sailed with Celberity Cruises, I believe that you will disappointed in the Grand Princess and the Golden Princess. For one thing, the ships are HUGE! We were berthed next to the Grand P in San Juan, and the ship was taller than any of the buildings. Then, when she sailed, it was like a whole city block was moving out to sea! TOO BIG! The other thing is, the food and service aren't as good as Celebrity, and there are too many announcements, long lines, etc. Stick with Celebrity Cruises.

Old Nov 8th, 2000, 08:13 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Jim n Debbie, <BR> <BR>I have sailed both the Grand and the Galaxy. <BR> <BR>There is good and bad to tell about both ships. The good certainly is hands above the bad. <BR> <BR>The Grand is huge but the Galaxy is no rowboat. The Grand is 935 feet long and the Galaxy is 852. <BR> <BR>The Grand is a destination. I believe it is the most beautiful ship in the world. It is elegant as is the Galaxy. <BR> <BR>I found the food and service is better on the Galaxy. <BR> <BR>The swimming pools on the Grand (and there are many) are large enough to <BR>swim in. <BR> <BR>The entertainment on the Grand is a tad better than the Galaxy. <BR> <BR>The architecture, design, lighting and ambiance tops the Galaxy. <BR> <BR>There is more to see and do on the Grand. <BR> <BR>You have a tough decision. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Nov 9th, 2000, 03:25 AM
Jim

Thanks .... I appreciate your help. Nice to fins someone who has been on both. Any room type or location suggestions on either?

Old Nov 14th, 2000, 12:22 PM
Barry

I have been on both and booked different room types on both ships as I always travel with a big group. If you can afford a room with balcony, the galaxy mini-suite balcany is big enough for both of you to sun bath in privately. The galaxy also offers bigger inside and outside regular state rooms. However, I think Grand Princess is better decorated and it's also more fun. If you look for fun and entertainment, I'd suggest Grand Princess. If you look for better service, food and slightly more formal cruise experience, Galaxy may be a touch better. The only concern I have is that Celebrity is under Royal Carribean and my recent experience with Royal Carribean was terrible.