Reload this Page >

Celebrity Century or RCI Voyager/Explorer

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 01:18 PM
Iz

I have narrowed our choices for a late June/early July Caribbean cruise to these two. Why should I choose one over the other? <BR>We are looking for a classy ship with excellent food and service and also a good program and lots of activities for a 7 year old. <BR>I have been reading a lot on this forum and others and a lot of people commented on Voyager's bland unimaginative food. It seems also that Celbrity's service is a notch higher than RCI. Seems though that Voyager is a newer ship so it will not show wear and tear and has more to offer by way of activities. <BR>Anybody has any comments?

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Jim

Century is a wonderful ship. You'll love it.

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 12:47 PM
Ang

We sailed on the Voyager back in July of 1999 and absolutely loved it. The food was average some nights, excellent other nights. I thought the service was great. That all depends on the waiter you get though on any line. The ship was incredible! Ice show, royal promenade, the spa...all fabulous.

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 07:35 AM
Dawn,Ct

One of my best friends and I are sailing on the Voyager, leaving Easter Sunday. I am taking my 13 year old and selected the Voyager for the variety of activities, the itinerary and amenities that would appeal to a 13 year old. He is so excited that he can hardly wait. The ship looks wonderful. I have read mixed reviews regarding the meals but most comments regarding the meals and the ship have been clearly positive. I realize also that the demands of feeding passengers on a huge ship as opposed to simply a very large ship are much greater. I am willing to make that trade off for the variety of activities and entertainment that will appeal to my 13 year old. My husband has to stay home to take care of our varsity baseball player. Unfortunately, baseball coaches aren't big on missing practice and games for a cruise. &lt;G&gt;

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 08:21 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Don't sweat the small stuff. I have sailed 67 ships and I found the ship was the most interesting and extra-ordinary I have ever sailed. Also a heck of a lot of fun. <BR> <BR>Forget about the average food. The ship is the destination. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 12:22 PM
tcruiser

Iz, <BR> <BR>In my experience, I would choose the Century! Century is a high class vessel with beautifully decorated public areas. Voyager/Explorer are both glitzy and not as classy. Celebrity vessels are well maintained and you will notice cleaners all over the ship (constantly). I don't think you will notice wear and tear. <BR>I believe that the Voyager class vessels have a better children's program but seeing as you are going summer time, all of Celebrity and RCI ships have extensive programs for the youth on board. <BR>Celebrity's food is by far the best between the two lines. <BR>More waiting, more crowds, more frustration on the Voyager. Why bother standing in a line on your vacation? <BR>As you can tell, my suggestion is to choose the Century. <BR> <BR>Either way, have fun.