Celebration Wedding Cruise

Sep 18th, 2000, 10:02 AM
Angela

Celebration Wedding Cruise

We are planning our wedding aboard Carnival's Celebration 2/3/01, and have invited our family & friends to join us on the the 5-day cruise.

Would love to hear from anyone who has cruised on the Celebration, and could give details/decor on what the Island in the Sky room looks like.

You are welcome to visit our wedding web site http://www.WedAtSea.com. Don't forget to sign our guestbook!

Sea Bride,
Angela

Sep 23rd, 2000, 08:11 PM
Paul Therault

Dear Angela,

You must talk to your travel agent. A wedding is serious stuff.

I hope you realize you can not get married on this ship. I presume you are just doing your honeymoon????

I am a travel agent and have never heard of the island in the Sky Room.
I seem to recall the Islands in the Sky Lounge. If you wish to reserve this room you MUST have a travel agent and he will try his best to get you this room for your party but since it is such a large room I doubt if it would be as private as you like. It more than likely have to be shared with another party.

I hope you are not attempting to get married on one of the islands since at times the seas might be too rough for the ship to port. Be careful.

You definitely need a travel agent.

Have a wonderful wedding.

Paul

Sep 27th, 2000, 12:33 PM
Angela

This is definitly through our Travel Agency (couldn't do it without them). We have had our wedding and cabins booked since last June.

The weddings are held while the ship is in port and docked. The main reason we picked Carnival is that they allow sailing and non-sailing wedding guests to attend. Which is a good thing, since some of our immediate family can only attend the wedding and can not join us on our celebration cruise.

The weddings on the Celebration are usually held in the Admiral Room, but it has a limited capacity and our group has exceed that. Carnival's Wedding Coordinator has been extremely helpful, but wanted an outsider's opion on the room decor, color, size, etc.

Thanks for the info Paul!

Sea Bride,
Angela

Sep 27th, 2000, 10:05 PM
Paul Therault

Dear Angela,

I do not believe they are going to put you in the Admirals Club especially since you will be getiing married before the ship sails. If I remembeer correctly it is a library that will only seat only about 40. Unless, of course, your reception will carry over until after the ship leaves and into the evening when the Islands in the Sky Lounge will be busy.

Have to tried to reserve the Wheelhouse? It is a nice looking room and will hold about 350.

I do not know why they will not give you the Galax Z Dance Club. It holds about 175. I have booked many parties into this room and it should be available up to about 8 or 9 PM.

I know the problems you are having. I book many groups on many cruise lines and it is very difficult to reserve a proper room for cocktail parties.

I hope everything works out for you.
Try to be a little more aggresive with your requests. Have your travel agent talk to a supervisor or his district manager.

Paul

Oct 2nd, 2000, 12:07 AM
Angela

Thanks Paul for your great advice! I'll check out the Wheelhouse since our group is only 80 guests.

I just found out that a friend of ours is cruising next week on the Celebration, and will take pictures of the different rooms for us (pictures worth a thousand words).

Thanks again for the info Paul.

Sea Bride,
Angela