Reload this Page >

Carnival's Imagination

Search

Carnival's Imagination

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Alli

Carnival's Imagination

My husband and I are considering a 5 day cruise to the Western Carib aboard the Imagination. Has anyone ever been? Would love feed back. Service, meals, average age, rooms???? <BR> <BR>Is late July an ok time? <BR> <BR>We are in our mid 30's and love a great time. We enjoy great food and drink, dancing and just relaxing. Looking forward to some island life and snorkeling. <BR> <BR>Both are first time cruisers and don't want to be away from our daughter (who is staying with g-parents) for an entire week, so we are considering the 5 day version. Is it enough time to get to know the ship or is 7 days the way to go. <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help!!! <BR>

Old May 9th, 2001, 07:01 AM
Gina

Hi Alli: <BR> <BR>My husband and I spent our first cruise on the Imagination in October of 1996. We had a great time! Ours was a 7-day, and I would not want to cruise for less than that, but we do not have children to leave behind! <BR> <BR>The ship is typical Carnival-glitzy, lots of lights and glass, Vegas-style shows, comedians, magicians, etc. We were totally impressed (ages 22 and 23 at the time). There are lots of bars/clubs to choose from, a disco that's open late, just plenty of things to keep you busy. People ranged from children to honeymooners to seniors. We expected a college frat party, but that was not the case. We loved everything about the trip icluding the food. Dinner in the dining room was never missed! Also, there are 24 hour pizzerias, room service, midnight buffets, non-stop food! The service was wonderful. We loved our waiter and cabin steward. <BR> <BR>For the islands, we took the Sting-Ray Tour in Grand Cayman. It was wild! You actually swim around and feed sting-rays. Very fun. We climbed Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios (do a tour in Jamaica. I do not recommend going it alone. Prepare to be offered everything from guns to crack). For Cozumel, we just had a taxi driver take us to the beach and stayed there the whole day. <BR> <BR>We've been on one other Carnival cruise (The Paradise-smoke-free which was nice) and would definitely sail with them again. If you love to eat, drink adn be merry, Carnival is a blast. The room (we were on the Main deck outside on the Imagination) was large enough that we could both get ready without stepping on each other. You're not in the room too much (we were always thinking we were missing something), but I will definitely get a room with a balcony next time (perfectly private!). I never went in July, but I did go on one in August. It was HOT in Miami and there were more teenage kids than I would have liked, but otherwise it's a great time to go. <BR> <BR>Don't let the Carnival bashers on this site get you down. We had a lot of fun. There are other cruise lines, but they are all a little different and cater to different people. For example, my 53 year old mother went on Royal Carribbean with her girlfriends and said she felt like she was in a nursing home. <BR> <BR>Whatever you decide, have a great time!!

Old May 10th, 2001, 05:40 AM
Alli

Thanks Gina!!! <BR> <BR>You have set mey mind at ease. I was thinking that it was an older ship, it would not compare to the newer ones. But what do I have to compare it to. <BR> <BR>I live in South Florida so am used to the heat that time of year, it is always tolerable when you are on vacation. <BR> <BR>I have heard the same about Ocho Rios, that it is seedy, but you have to check out the falls. <BR> <BR>Thanks for the tip on the Sting Ray Tour in Cayman. Sounds delightful. <BR> <BR>Thanks again for your thoughts. <BR> <BR>

Old May 10th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Gina

Anytime, Alli. <BR> <BR>The Imagination is not old at all, it's just not as new or as huge as the Destiny class of ships: the Destiny, Triumph, and Victory, and I think they now have an even bigger class of ships called the Spirit class. But they come out with a new ship every year, so they are never too old. <BR> <BR>Believe me, it's still BIG and only about 6-7 years old max. <BR> <BR>Have fun.

Old May 13th, 2001, 06:10 AM
Carri

Alli, <BR> <BR>My husband and I went in Jan of 96, we had a fab time, this was our second cruise. We are leaving on our third this August for a 5 day. 7 day is not too long, we have three children, g-parents are great people for the kids to vaction away from Mom and Dad. Although we said when ours were teenagers(as they are now) we would take them with us. We are not taking them just yet. <BR> <BR>Sometimes it is nice to be pampered and enjoy each other on your own. We had a wonderful time in all the ports. Follow the advice and go with the ship excursions in Jamaica. Dunns was great fun! Cozumel Party boat was alot of fun as well. We did the snorkel and tour of Grand Cayman. Go, have a good time!!!