Reload this Page >

Carnival Triumph 5 day

Search

Carnival Triumph 5 day

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 09:26 AM
Jim

Carnival Triumph 5 day

I did a search on the Canada/NE cruises and I appreciate the info. Just a few things:<BR>Paul mentioned some specific dates in the summer that won't have a lot of kids. Why is that? <BR>I plan on taking my two young ones (6 and 2). Are there things for the 2 yr old?<BR>What's it like traveling on such a massive ship with 4,000 other people?<BR>Is it easy to visit the ports of call?<BR>Paul mentioned something about visting Merida and Uxmal. I was there 15 years ago when I was in college and loved colonial Merida. Try visting the haciendas on the outskirts of Merida. Uxmal is great too and easier to climb than it looks. But Progresso was disappointing. Thanks,<BR>Jim

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:52 AM
Paul Therault

Hi Jimm<BR><BR>There will be less children on board during the times that children are in school.<BR><BR>The children's program is great but keep in mind the children must be toilet trained. <BR><BR>Also, always best to spend some time yourself with your young ones to make sure they are comfortable with the program. If they do not get comfortable you will have to spend the entire vacation with them.<BR><BR>Appreciate the info on Progresso/Merida.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:24 PM
Jim

Thanks. My latest concern is the weather. Here in NY the weather is still warm the first week in Sept. but I'm not sure how much different it will be up north. If it's not warm enough for the kids to swim it wouldn't be worth going. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:30 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Jim,<BR><BR>I have cruised the NY to Canada trip 5 times. The weather is touch and go. Same as New England weather. It could be very hot and muggy and it could be cool. There is a roof over the aft pool for swimming all the time.<BR><BR>Last season was terrible for rain and fog. According to the crew it was the worst ever. The passengers (probably the kids) were so angry they took it out on the ship and did quite a bit of damage to the ship which was the Victory.<BR><BR>Quite often is is foggy at night and it continues through some of the morning before it burns off.<BR><BR>You asked about crowds. I find as on any ship the public areas are crowded on rainy days, before and after dinner, before and after the major shows. Also when passengers are coming back from tours the elevators are busy. This bothers some passengers.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Jim

Paul,<BR>Thanks a lot! We'll weigh all things and make a decision. <BR>Jim