Search

caribean cruise

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 03:56 AM
ann

caribean cruise

we are looking into going for acruise on the caribean in april can anyone help me there are so many ships we were offered the inspiration or grand princess or paradise or carnival triumph any experiences??? also are thw west caribean better than the eastern. also how far is new orleans from miami which is better to go to. sorry i live in australia <BR>thanks

Old Nov 24th, 2000, 04:18 PM
Theresa

I would pick up some brochures at a travel agent and look through them. I personally like the eastern/southern better than western. It depends on how old you are, what interests you have, etc. . <BR> <BR>A great book to look at is Unofficial Guide to Cruises - it talks about each ship and what type of person would enjoy it. <BR> <BR>As far as recommendations - I would go with a new ship - 3 years old or newer. Of the ones you list - the Grand would be my favorite. Good luck!

Old Nov 25th, 2000, 05:44 AM
bruce

I aggree with Theresa, especially about the Unofficial Guide to Cruises. It is a good book and will give you the strait scoop. Also some other links to look at are: <BR>www.cruisemates.com <BR>www.cruisecritic.com <BR>www.cruiseopinion.com <BR>Good luck

Old Nov 26th, 2000, 12:37 PM
Louise

We just came back from a cruise on the Grand 11/5/00 and we had a great time. I enjoyed using the book, An Idiot's Guide to Cruising as we had not been before. Hope you have a great time.

Old Nov 28th, 2000, 11:38 AM
judy

Hi, I recommend Explorer of the Seas, Royal Carribean. Just got back and it was a wonderful experience. Largest ship and brand new. Goes to eastern carribean, San Juan, St Thomas, Labadee( a beach) and Nassau. Lots to do on board. Beautiful ship. There are deals on internet and from travel agents. It's a 7 day cruise. You won't be disappointed. Good luck.