Captains Club question?

Feb 8th, 2001, 06:08 PM
Lindsay

Captains Club question?

After last years superb trip on the Century we decided to join the Captains Club. We received all the joining info. timeously.
However when we went to book our second cruise the free upgrade that comes with the Club was not available. To use it we would have had to pay more for the next grade of cabin. Just wondered if anyone has had any success using this upgrade. Thank you.

Feb 10th, 2001, 05:31 PM
Hartley

We are also members of Captain's Club. We generally have found the same thing in that the "free" cabin upgrades are not really available for some reason. Having said that, we enjoy having Captain's Club membership for other reasons such as preferred check-in. You also get preferred disembarkation or at least your luggage is placed in a separate and much easier location so it can be found more easily. The cocktail party is nice too but not that important to us, and I would say that the preferred check-in and baggage handling on disembarkation alone are reasons enough for membership. Maybe one day we will also get one of those "free" upgrades and also agree that the Century is fabulous.

Feb 11th, 2001, 11:32 AM
Lindsay

Thank you for your message. You outlined just what we were thinking. Guess the priority boarding will have to suffice, Happy Cruising.

Apr 6th, 2001, 09:43 PM
tcruiser

Lindsay,
I agree that it is frustrating not being able to get the upgrade. I received one once and the other time I didn't as there were no cabins available at the time of booking. I do enjoy the priority boarding and disembarking (but keep in mind that this can not apply in EVERY disembarkation port). We were unable to use our Club's priority disembarkation recently but we were informed that it was due the fact that they had to disembark in order of flight times. I can understand that.
The priority boarding is great.
I also love reading up on the material that is sent to our home. Very informative and I feel as if we are on top of Celebrity's information.
Don't be discouraged - keep sailing with celebrity and you will get that upgrade sooner or later!

Apr 15th, 2001, 06:24 AM
Ishoo

Hmmmmmm! Very interesting. Sounds a little like promises not kept. Typical for cruise lines nowadays I suppose.

Apr 15th, 2001, 03:47 PM
Patton

We were able to use the upgrade on the Mercury for a 4/30/01 Alaskan cruise .We did book this cruise almost a year ago so you may have to book early to get it . Also you can't uprade to a Suite which is stated in the captains club rules.

May 2nd, 2001, 08:59 PM
Andy

Hi all- have been memeber of captains club for only 3 years-every time I got a coupon to be used for an upgrade (ie.higher rate cabin) at a reduced rate plus discount-it has been available.But I usually book as soon as the coupon hits my doorstep. Deals aren't wonderful,but seem in line w/ circolo club with Pricess cruises. The pre-boarding with Celebrity is worth it's weight in gold.