Reload this Page >

Can I do PT in the pools?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:42 AM
Edith

I was injured and I need to perform physical therapy 3 times a day in the swimming pool. This involves taking up a great deal of speace to perform my exercises. I will be going on a cruise shortly and wonder if I will have any problems. <BR><BR>I am usually in the pool for 45 minutes, 3 times per day. Will the ship rope off the pool so I can use it without interruption during these short periods?

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Jim

Edith you have got to be kidding! Do you actually think that you are that important? No ship will ruin others vacations just so you can have your space. I suggest you cancel your cruise and stay at home.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Dr.

Edith<BR><BR>If you're injured to such a degree that you require "45 minutes" of PT "3 times per week", just maybe you should stay home, recover from these injuries and travel at some time in the future, when you are more mobile and feeling better.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 11:09 AM
xxx

yikes - that was 45 minutes 3 times a DAY, not 3 times a week. Who does PT 3 times a day??? Edith is a TROLL!

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 11:11 AM
geezer

Dr. needs a reading lesson. Edit said 3 times per DAY. I can see it now - "ok folks, clear the pool, sorry we will have to postpone the hairy chest contest for Edith's exercises."<BR><BR>Give me a freaking break.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Cathy

My goodness, you guys are mean! Who piddled in your Cheerios?<BR><BR>Edith, what cruise line are you taking? I doubt if the ship will rope the off a section of the pool, However here are some options<BR><BR>1) Talk to your physical therapist and ask if you can do your excercises just once or twice a day. I am assuming that this is a 7 day cruise and perhaps one week from the routine won't be that bad.<BR>When you come back, you can resume your normal routine.<BR><BR>2) If you can cut back to once or twice a day, then get to the pool early in the morning and late in the evening during the first seating. This is when the pool is least crowded and you will have it pretty much to yourself. When you are in ports of call, go into the shallows of the ocean. Warm salt water does wonders for your body!<BR><BR>3)Sitting in a hot tub also does wonders for your body. Often the spa has a hot tub that is not crowded with kids.<BR><BR>4)If you are going on a RCL or Celebrity or "upscale" cruise, many of the newer ships have one pool or hot tub reserved for adults. You will have to share but you will have more room for what you need to do. I like Carnival and will be on the Pride in July, but I found that the pools and hot tubs tended to be overrun with children this time of the year, since you said you will be cruising shortly.<BR><BR>If you can't change your routine, or these options don't work, you may have to reconsider your decision to take this cruise. Will you be up to doing things on the ship? Did you consult with your therapist before you booked or where you injured since booking?<BR><BR>Post and let me know if these suggestions were helpful.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Gafaw

Cathy: You take the prize for the Most Gullible person on earth. Can't you see Edith is pulling your leg?

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:11 PM
lou

Cathy<BR><BR>you are kidding I hope.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Edith

Dear Cathy: That you very much for your kind advice. My injury has incapacitated me so much, that I have been staying at home since the accident. This will be my first trip for over 25 years. I thought the cruise idea was good, since there are usually several pools aboard.<BR>I also think I could work out during the off hours. You know, when people get to port and the ship is empty. I was also planning on working out during odd hours, such as 11PM - 12PM / 3-4 AM / and maybe noon. <BR><BR>Do you think this is a good idea, or should I cancel my trip?

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Martin

CANCEL

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:28 PM
xman

Pools are closed at night. Stay at home and recuperate.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:37 PM
When you gotta go

I don't mind if you do PT if you don't mind if I do a #2.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Princess

jump off a freeway bridge EDITH

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:57 PM
betteridea

ok now listen here closely - the first time you have to pt go to the very back of the boat where you will have plenty of room....get up on the rail and take one step forward - this will put you in the ocean where you can pt to your heart's content

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Edit

Do you pt or do you pee tee. Is your name tee?

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 11:28 PM
xxx

Toss an unwrapped baby ruth into a crowded pool and in 5 minutes you'll it all to yourself.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 04:57 AM
Edith

That's a good one. Baby Ruth, huh?? So you say I shouldn't cancel and stock up on candy bars??<BR>While I'm at it, should I bring along my own soda drinks? I enjoy Orangina very much, ( I import direct from Italy). Should I also bring this along??

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 05:15 AM
Leroy

Yes, definitely bring your Orangina, a couple of bottles of wine ( don't forget a corkscrew ), your pet Chihuahua, a thong Bikini and if you don't have one yet ( which I would find hard to believe ) go get a tattoo on your lower back of an eagle. Very cool.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 05:42 AM
Edith

Do you think I should make the tattoo indicate that I will require PT ???

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 06:25 AM
Leroy

No, but if you could have all your drug allergies tattooed under the left wing of the eagle.....that would be most helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -