boston to bermuda- boston hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2004, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am surprising my husband for his birthday with a cruise to Bermuda this June. We'll be driving to the Boston port and need a hotel to stay in the night before embarkment. Does anyone have any suggestions?? We'd like to keep the cost below $130 (if possible), but we'd like something clean and safe.

We've never been to Boston, so we don't know what are the safe and unsafe areas. We don't have to be "right on top of the port", but we'd like to be within an hour of port.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 12:57 PM

These hotels should be in your price range. They are in cities right outside of Boston, and the prices reflect it.
Wyndham Hotel Chelsea http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/BOSCH/main.wnt

Holiday Inn- East Boston
http://www.hotels.net/boston/holiday...port-18890.htm

Amerisuites- Medford
http://www.amerisuites.com/hotels/ajbn.shtml
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 08:12 AM

Have you considered using Priceline? Many people have received the Hyatt in Downton Crossing (formerly Swisshotel) for as low as $40 per night.

www.biddingfortravel.com has great information and bidding advice if you're willing to go the Priceline route.
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 08:26 AM

The Seaport Hotel is THE most convenient to Black Ralcon Terminal. See www.seaporthotel.com - often rates are lower if you book way ahead.

Note that the Seaport Hotel, at the moment, is the ONLY four-star hotel in the Priceline World Trade Center area, the only hotel, actually. But, it's important always to check before bidding. If you're going to use Priceline, studying the FAQ's and recent bids at www.biddingfortravel.com is essential.

Keep in mind, though, that hotel rates in Boston during Jan-Feb-March are significantly lower than June, especially around graduation time.

Where are you leaving your car?
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 02:09 PM

Seaport would be the ideal hotel for being next to the Black Falcon Pier.... if they don't charge for leaving the car your all set.. But, at the Black Falcon Pier there is a secure and covered parking facility across the road and it was/is $10.00 a day...very convenient...we use it ourselves.. When in June are you going...we are leaving for the 10th time on June 13th.. [email protected]
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 06:52 PM

Here's another take on the hotel situation. The Seaport Hotel is supposed to be nice, and it is close to pier, but it is not close to much else. I also wonder if you can get it for $130/night. Since you have never been to Boston before, I might shop around like crazy and you could probably find a hotel right in the middle of everything Boston for a little more than than the $130.

Look at hotels that call themselves Back Bay, Downtown, near Fanueil Hall, Copley if you take this tact. I would not stay outside the center of Boston unless your timing is such that you are just planning to get there in time to sleep and leave late AM for the ship.

Since you are talking about a Saturday night in June, availability may be an issue and you are less likely to get a deal - graduations the beginning of June and tourists the whole month.

But I might try to get here a little early and see a little of Boston.
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 11:01 PM

East Boston and Chelsea are not good areas to stay at. There are many choices in and around Boston. Like the other post said, Backbay, Downtown Crossing, Financial District, Government Center are good locations in downtown Boston. Parking will be extra because it's hard to find parking in Boston.
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 06:07 PM

I would reiterate, though, you've not returned to respond here, to all of the above:

a) What are your dates?

b) Where do you plan, if you have, to leave your car?

The Seaport Hotel would be just perfect with regard to location if you plan to arrive the night before and leave the following morning. There would be no point whatsoever in shopping like crazy for a room "in the middle of everything".

Because the Seaport is inconveniently located to all else beside the Fleet Pavillion and the cruise ship terminal, rates are incredibly reasonable, even via their own website, most of the time. AND, there are reasonably priced long-term parking lots nearby, though you have not mentioned the length of your cruise either...

You