Reload this Page >

Booking cruises at the last minute.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 1999, 02:35 PM
jwward

I am retired and interested in booking travel on cruise lines at the last minute. I <BR>understand that this is possible and that you may find great savings. any one has any <BR>information it would be greatly appreciated.

Old Mar 7th, 1999, 05:51 PM
Morocz Kalman

To Bahamas

Old Mar 9th, 1999, 11:38 AM
Elaine

You might want to check out Spur of the Moment. They don't charge any membership fee; many last-minute agencies do. Their website is at <BR>http://www.spurof.com/ <BR>I found them after I was already booked on the cruise we'll be taking in April, but I'll want to get quotes from them for our next cruise. <BR>

Old Mar 11th, 1999, 07:47 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>What makes you think you will get a better deal at the last minute? <BR>I am a travel agent and find the best deals are given for early bookings. Also, you would have the best choice of cabins. <BR> <BR>My customers that wish to travel at the last minute find all the airline economy seats sold out. Also, rental cars are no longer available along with hotels. <BR> <BR>If, by chance, there are a few empty cabins on a particular ship the cruise line would not fax 3,000 agents in the world. It would not be cost effective. They would rather sell them to travel agents waiting on standby. <BR> <BR>There are many promotions offered by the cruise lines for assorted sailings. If you have assorted dates you choose to travel, this is the best way to go. <BR> <BR>Travel agents also receive coupons for additional commissions for assorted sailings. I pass these savings along to my customers. Right now I am holding 22 coupons for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity alone. <BR> <BR>Also travel agents sponsor groups. You may join these groups at a very reasonable price. Ocassionally, travel agents have a group and might give you a better price if you join at the last minute since they have not filled their quota. <BR>This is a possibility. <BR> <BR>Be cautious, if the price sounds too good to be true, it probably is. <BR> <BR>Happy cruising, Paul <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 06:49 PM
Jackie

<BR>Check out www.Europeantravelnetwork.com <BR>On their homepage scroll down to cruises-then check deal alert.They offer good prices on last moment travel.I got a very good deal on a Windsong cruise last summer from one of their links:Cruises-N-More.

Old Apr 10th, 1999, 12:04 PM
fran

<BR>Sign up for the travel deals offered by several of the travel sites. They will email the lastest deals and last minute deals directly. I rec. no less than three a day and they are incredible cheap. The best travel deals right now are on cruises due to the glut of ships. Europe also has been extremely inexpensive and their rates are offered thru June.