Search

Best tours - Nova Scotia & St. John

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best tours - Nova Scotia & St. John

Hello,

My family and I will be sailing on Carnival's Glory (Aug 28 - Sept 2) with my parents who are in their 60's (dad is partially paralyzed on his right side but can walk short distances), brother and his wife (30's), and their kids (5 and 2 yr old girls). I've been researching off-shore excursions and I would appreciate any tips. For now, I think the best bet would be to hire a private tour operator for our family for Nova Scotia and just do-it-ourselves for St. John. Does anyone have any recommendations and/or suggestions?

Thank you for your help and input!
ymaluv
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 04:42 AM

Is this St. John's Newfoundland, or Saint John New Brunswick?
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

New Brunswick. Thanks!
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 07:35 AM

Well having been in St. J, NB we went opted for the cruise city tour. We went to the market and to the reversing bay of Fundy. Easy ride and this may suit your dad. In Halifax there is a maritime museum which ahs artifacts from the Titanic and a poster advertising its return trip to England. There are also bodies recoverd from her interred in the local cemetary.
Old Jul 6th, 2010, 10:17 AM

In H alifax y ou might want to take a cab to the graves of the Titanic victims..I know it sounds depressing, but it's a beautiful site.. then off at noon to the Citadel for the blasting of the cannons..and cab to downtown to the museums.. In St. John...as you go back to the ship on the left check it out there is a lobster shack..fab ulus
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 07:20 AM

Yes, the reversing falls in Saint John, and the tide (if any) on the Bay of Fundy are sights to behold. Can't remember much more about the place.
Old Aug 8th, 2010, 03:46 PM

ymaluv ..When you arrive in Halifax..If you dont want to be in the mass of humanity being herded on the buses going to Peggys Cove..There are cars you can hire at the pier.. Taxis are $45.00 per hour per car..Limos (Town Car/Cadillacs)are $60.00 per hr per car...Larger Limos (Lincoln Navigators 6/8 pass..or Stretches (8 pass) are $50.00 per person based on the vehicle being full for a 3 hour NARRATED tour... With the Taxis ask the driver if they narrate your tour...some do..alot dont ..All Taxis and Limos operating at the pier are independent..Hope this help you find a great tour and have a great time in Historic Halifax ..