Reload this Page >

Best Cruise for 40 yr old singles

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 03:13 PM
Diane

What's the best cruise for a couple of 40 year old, good looking women??? I've cruised Carnival in the past - too many 21 year olds. Princess this year - too many honeymooners and families. Where do single people vacation when they want to meet other singles? I've tried searching "single-travel" online, but not much out there.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 04:43 PM
happy cruiser

Diane, <BR> I would suggest a newer RCCL ship. Why not try the new Radiance? They are good with singles and all ages.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 07:01 PM
Surlok

Diane, <BR> <BR>Did you think of Crystal? Some itineraries on the Caribbean, and even sailing through the Panama Canal are quite affordable. There're gentleman hosts aboard, too. If Crystal doesn't suit you, Celebrity might be your cup of tea. <BR> <BR>As a single woman, I also enjoy RCCL ships. Great mix of ages, and the Schooner bar is a great place to hang out in the evenings. <BR> <BR>Surlok <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 11:44 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Diane, <BR> <BR>I suggest Windjammer since there are quite a few singles but since the vessels are smaller the pickens are slimmer. I guess you should stick with the mega-ships where the ratio is greater. <BR> <BR>Possibly you should try one of the single resorts such as Super Clubs Hedonism I, II or III. They go begging for single gals. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:10 AM
Marianne

Diane, <BR>For some people Hedonism is perfect but be SURE that you know what you are getting into. It is very wild and just about everything goes. Just because you are 40, good looking, and single doesn't mean that you want that type of place. I would also suggest RCCL or Celebrity.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 05:51 AM
xxx

Diane, just curious why you mentioned "good looking" in your post. Do you think there are cruises for ugly people and you want to avoid these?

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 06:28 AM
Stephanie P.

I'm a 36-year old, good-looking woman too. I am going on a December 2002 Princess cruise. I really don't care if I meet someone or not. Why is that so important to you? I'm taking a relative and hoping to tour some Caribbean islands and have fun w/o a man. It can be done, having fun w/o a man.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 08:07 AM
jo

I am also 36, good-looking(?) and often cruise solo. I, too, like to meet other singles. But this doesn't necessarily mean men. It's just nice to meet some folks without family or significant other along to pal around with without feeling like a third wheel.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 11:44 AM
Sally

If you start out converstions by telling people you're "good looking" you may just as well save your money and stay home. Wow!

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 12:38 PM
Annya

Try Holland America they do some great cruises e mail me if you would like particular itineraries.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 04:11 PM
Beth

<BR>I understand exactly what you are asking. I'm surprised you didn't find much using a search as I have now done a few cruises with the singles travel sites online. They've been great fun! Of course, when a women is good looking she is going to receive unwanted attention and on a cruise it is no different. On my last cruise the men were not as desirable as in the past so I had dinner and spent some evenings with one of the officers (second to the Captain). I've taken many cruises and don't find many singles onboard on any of them. It can be very difficult to even tell as the wife may just be elsewhere. I agree meeting a special man to spend a vacation with, when you travel alone, is a very pleasant experience and wonderful memory. If it is of high importance I would not suggest a cruise. My windjammer singles cruise was the best as everyone is single and they maintain a 50/50 split. Best looking guys out of all my singles cruises. If you want the sites I've used, post here again.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:17 AM
judy cuervo

Though I've been married for 5 years (met my husband on Holland America's Statendam, in fact!) I cruised for years as a single (from my 20's throughout my 30s) and discovered that even though most cruise ships have relatively few singles (say, 50 out of 1000+ passengers)50 is a helluva lot of people! My experience always has been that the single people find each other and, often, form an enduring bond. My favorite lines while single are similar to my favorites married: Celebrity, Holland America and Cunard (QE2). <BR>

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 04:14 PM
Kathy

<BR>Altho HA and Cunard may have 50 singles onboard, aren't they in their sixties and seventies? I must say 1 in twenty five dosen't sound good to me. I've been on a singles cruise where there were even more men than that and yet, didn't meet anyone I wanted to keep in touch (let alone, be with on the cruise).

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 04:17 AM
judy cuervo

To Kathy: I think the whole thing is to board thinking of having fun and not necessarily meeting Mr. Right. But, wow! I can't think of one cruise I took over those years (and it was at least one cruise a year) where I didn't return home with a bunch of addresses and phone numbers of terrific people--both men and women. I just find that you gravitate towards those in your age group and maybe because you are such a minority, form pretty strong bonds. On the Holland America cruise I met my husband on, there were only about 8 of us in the mid to late 30s at the time. That was in 1993 and to this day, we're STILL all real good friends. And QE2?? I had some of my absolute BEST party times on her! I remember me and my friends used to have to go into the ladies room near the disco, throw our hair over and dry it under the hand dryer we were sweating so much from dancing with both passengers and guys from the ship.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 05:51 AM
Robin

Diane, <BR> <BR>The LAST cruise line I would go on as a single would be Holland America. My husband and I cruised on the Zaandam last February. We're in our fifties and felt like youngsters. I would recommend RCCL and Celebrity, having been on both and seen more single people than on most cruises, particularly RCCL

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 03:26 PM
kathy

<BR>Judy, <BR>I AGREE 100% and that's why I still do singles cruises. Just returned from the Society Islands and next year will probably do one to Egypt, Greece, Turkey and Ukraine. I too cruise approx. once a year but do more international land trips each year. I also have many addresses & email list from others I've meet all over the world including on my singles cruises. I've since traveled with many and been to their homes so I definitly know what it means to stay in touch. However, it's still really nice to fall head over heels for someone, not that they are Mr Right. Just a vacation fling! and more. <BR> <BR>I have to tell you: I met a man on my first cruise and we were together for years, I moved to his state. That ended and now I know to just take it for what it is: a great time.

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 07:19 PM
Kathy

<BR>What did you decide?