Beer and wine menus on Carnival cruise ships

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wondering if anyone knows what types of beer and wine are offered on Carnival cruise ships. I have searched their web site and read a bunch of ship reviews, but not gotten any detailed info. I am particularly interested in the beers that are offered - I am hoping to find something more than the standard choices of Bud, Coors, etc.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 07:29 PM

You will find pretty much the same selection as in an average USA restaurant. There are some imported beers; IMO the best one would be Crotch. But, actually, you hit a nerve. I am a REAL beer lover and was never able to find it neither on ship nor on shore. I consider Check dark beers the best beer in the world. Too diappointing you need to go Europe to find it. Anybody cares to open a beer discussion?
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

My husband and I went to Germany on our last vacation - it was heaven I had not had a lot of German beers before the trip, so it was great to have so many new ones to try. Most of my experience with beer has been American micro and craft brews with some English imports thrown in for good measure. I was esspecially happy to try the rauchbier in Germany as I had heard so much about it. I had tried some American smoke beers - Gordon Biersch has a seasonal smoke beer that is pretty tasty. And Dixie Brewing Co's Blackened Voodoo Lager has a slight smoke undertone which is really nice. The rauchbier we had in Nuremberg was the favorite of our trip

Anyway - back to the topic of cruising - in California, most restaurants have a decent selection of beer. But when we travel to other parts of the country, it is sometimes difficult to find anything good.

Old Aug 16th, 2006, 08:23 AM

spur....What is the French beer with the German style name?? TIA.....
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 10:17 AM

BeachBoi,
Do you mean Kronenbourg? Another one is
Echt Kriekenbier, good one. Still, nothing compares to freshly brewed dark Czech beer. The best one I drank in USA was Crystal Diplomat. It was available in stores some 3 year ago but then disappeared.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 10:39 AM

Yes Kronenbourg!! I read a mini review of it in some travel magazine and everywhere I go they look at me like I fell out of a tree...Funny, I only drink beer when I am Texas...The heat , you know...But sounds like my kinda beer.Thanks for the name!!